The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Moving Jordan Schroeder To 2nd Line Right Wing A Good Idea?

Southpop45

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You start every season expecting or planning to make the CUP finals. Sounds good but what is the Vancouver reality. It makes a difference especially for players that the team could spend more time on like Schroeder. I agree that on a CUP contending team he has to play a top 6 role but it is not proven yet whether he can play that role or not. He might be that play maker that Kesler appears to need which means a wing position. If Booth cannot start the season it might be an opportunity to try it. I like the idea of a Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder line as an experiment. Unless Schroeder shows a marked improvement in the FO circle this season it might mean dealing him.

some points:

1. he has enough offensive potential to be in the top 6

2. hes too small to be in the bottom six

3. van already has sedin and kesler as the top centers

4. if he cant convert to the wing then he most likely be traded

i like the guy as a player, seems to be a pretty hard worker. over the years he has really improved the defensive side of his game. but hes just too small to be in the bottom six, and the only way i see him van long term is if he can convert to the wing and play on the second line with kesler. do you guys think Jordan can successfully convert to the wing?

one important thing to note, he has a one way contract so he cant be sent up and down to utica, other wise he'll go on waivers

no. Schroeder is a center not a wing. If we are putting a prospect on wing we should be playing Jensen who is a natural winger.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Jensen

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Weise Richardson Hansen

I don't want to hear anything about Hansen not being a fourth line player because he is a 3rd or 4th line player and since our team is blessed enough with depth then we can play him on the fourth line and have a fourth line we can finally play and trust.

no. Schroeder is a center not a wing. If we are putting a prospect on wing we should be playing Jensen who is a natural winger.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Jensen

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Weise Richardson Hansen

I don't want to hear anything about Hansen not being a fourth line player because he is a 3rd or 4th line player and since our team is blessed enough with depth then we can play him on the fourth line and have a fourth line we can finally play and trust.

I expect he'll get at least a look on the second line, but (as others have been saying) primarily as a centre who lets Kesler take the draws, not a RW. He'll probably also see duty as a 3rd line centre who does take draws but isn't asked to do shutdown duties and gets sheltered offensive zone starts. And unless he burns it up, there may be some games in the press box too.

Archived