The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burkie to the Flames

lumberman

triple threat wwe style match between Burke, Gillis, and lowe. Mac-Ts entrance music hits as he rushes to the ring with a chair to save Lowe. Burke and Gillis team up to eliminate Lowe, leaving Burke v Gillis. Gillis takes the upper hand, before the Sedins come out and blindside Gillis, showing their allegiance to Burke. Naslund and Bure then mysteriously appear to neutralize the Sedin threat..and the match continues. Burke beats up Gillis with his Irish rage and then motions to the dressing room where Luongo comes out to get a lick in. 1-2-3. Burke wins. Sedins sign in Calgary, and Burke drives himself and the Sedins to the airport.

Not a Toronto fan, but I don't think that's really what fans wanted. When Burke came in, the fanbase was ready for a full on rebuild, the way it should be done. Instead, Burke mortgaged the future for help now for Kessel. The trade for Dion was a good one, as was the trade for Lupul, but the Kessel trade set that organization back years. There is no certainty that the Leafs will make it to the postseason again. More importantly, Nonis may not even be able re-sign the player that Burke mortgaged the future for. If I were a fan of the Leafs, I think I would have been fine with missing several more years of the playoffs if I knew that good prospects (on the cheap) were making their way through the system.

Archived