The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Morrow to Canucks

First, I apologize if I put this in wrong section. I found a report today that Morrow may be a pre training camp signing and will bring lots of intangibles to a team looking to strengthen defensively.

Do you feel Morrow would be worth bringing in to our line up and taking a potential spot of one of our younger players??

What would you offer him to get him to sign? What offensive potential would he bring and what line would you like to see him join???

Here is the link to the article as source of potential signing!!

www.digitaljournal.com/article/357769

Here is the article ...

Vancouver - The Vancouver Canucks are one of the better teams in the NHL, but age and a lack of physical players are starting to catch up with this franchise, but help could be on the way.

It's too late into the summer to add some younger talent, but the NHL free agent market still has some tough hard nosed players and recent reports have Brenden Morrow linked as a possible signing before the start of training camp.

Vancouver doesn't have much room under the salary cap and a Josh Rimer reported that after talking with the veteran free agent, Morrow wasn't close to signing because the team he wants to play for is having a tough time making room with cap space.

The 34 year-old isn't exactly in the prime of his career, but he does the little things on the ice to make teams better and the Canucks need a player of that caliber to help against clubs like Chicago and Los Angeles in the Western Conference.

Vancouver will try to become more defensive minded in the 2013-14 NHL season and that kind of switch in philosophy is tough on younger players. Adding Morrow would strengthen the bench, add more leadership on and off the ice, and make this team more competitive in the upcoming hockey season and that in return will make the fans more excited about the start of the year.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/357769#ixzz2e3ifFjkX

LOL not that simple my friend:

Sedins get back to PPG or above

Kesler returns to Selke form

Higgins, Booth and Edler bounce back

Luongo plays well

Schroeder steps up with key secondary scoring to give us 3 scoring lines

Tortorella is able to motivate players

And many more.

Having Morrow would make us a better team, but far from a contender. Our core players that drive the bus need to bounce back after these last two years and prove to themselves and the league that they can go deep again.

Archived