The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I have a DATE :)

Heisenberg

Okay, can I give you some advice before you bail out (as a girl)?

If she likes gaming and watching shows, there is nothing wrong with making her dinner (LOTS of easy things to make) and having an evening of gaming together. Don't force going out and showing her a good time if that is not what you are all about. What a lot of people seem to forget is that you don't have to go out of your way to over-impress people. You both sound like you have similar interests and I bet she'll even feel more comfortable that way, too.

My best date with my now-husband was when he made me dinner and we watched a movie or two. Gives you lots of time to talk without all the worry about everything else. You also get to know the person on a more real level.

All in all, good luck and don't stress it too much. If she's a nice person, she'll understand where you are coming from and you guys go from there to see if it all works or not. If it doesn't work out, at least you tried?

That sounds like a really good idea..... Maybe I'll do that.

I may have left 30-40 pounds off my weight, she knows Im large but not the whole story lol it's easy to hide it on webcam. I have tried online hook ups sites such as tinder and had no luck because sadly they have to like you back.

And yes I feel horrible doing it and I know it's rude to turn her away but I haven't been able to sleep and have been freaking out and realized I went about this all wrong!

Gee, all you've done is be deceptive about your intentions, your livelihood and your physical appearance. Meaning she is going to the trouble and expense of coming to your hometown to be let down and played for a fool.

Can't see anything going wrong there, you'll be "smashing some P" in no time... assuming P stands for Pastry!

If you have any balls, you should be honest with her before she makes the trip. Ambushing her is a punk move.

I'm just going to be me and people can damn well like it or get lost.

Right...

she knows Im large but not the whole story lol it's easy to hide it on webcam.

Come on dude, don't quit like that now.

Take this as an opportunity to learn to commit to something (to be her host, which takes interpersonal skills, and to come up with a plan for her stay), build your self-confidence (which only comes from choosing to and realizing that you CAN tackle situations you find difficult, and that they're not that tough) and, more practically, get some exercise together (I mean go walk on the Seawall or downtown).

No one develops these things without stepping out of their comfort zone, and you don't leave without growing in someway (I used to be shy, bad at planning, lanky, uncomfortable around people and lanky but I chose to practice these weaknesses, and now I'm happy that I did).

The choice is yours, Heisenberg; I hope you make the right one.

Ahh don't do that dude. Girls don't care if your in shape or if you have cash. Just be confident with yourself, plus their are a lot of cheap dates you can do around Vancouver. When I was younger I used to get caught up on that too but girls aren't nearly as shallow as us. Just be confident be yourself, take her out for coffee or a cheap local dinner, walk around the sea wall or rent paddle boards(obv weather dependent) and you will do fine

tumblr_mpymjwarFX1sxviy0o1_400.gif

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a d-bag, but man up and grow some testes.

I was a complete joke around women until my 3rd year of university. The biggest thing I had going against me was my lack of confidence. I finally stopped caring about impressing the opposite sex and just wanted to focus on me and keeping me happy. Very, very shortly after coming to this realization, I dated a few girls very casually before ultimately meeting my wife (who actually hated me in my first two years of university). The thing she said was that she noticed was that I was no longer trying to be something I clearly wasn't.

It may not work out with her, but you have to man up and be comfortable with who you are. Trying to be something you aren't is the biggest turnoff for women, that and lacking confidence.

Watch Tao of Steve, especially if you are out of shape. Caution though, she might have watched it herself.

And Monty, can't think of a better time to comment on your sig. I am an AD maniac, and your sig always makes me happy. Jessica Walters FTW.

And Monty, can't think of a better time to comment on your sig. I am an AD maniac, and your sig always makes me happy. Jessica Walters FTW.

Anytime I can make someone smile. As much as I have tried to convince myself that season 4 of AD was good, it holds nothing to the previous seasons. Every character in that show is so good, but Jessica Walters is just amazing. From her air quotes while she's holding her martini, to her consistantly rolling her eyes when Oscar has his "hints" to Buster about being his father. Just gold.

officially cancelled, she's upset but lucky she is rich so not mad.

Oh well next time maybe.

Terrible move in my opinion, but I'm not going to try and make you feel bad about it. Good luck with losing the weight. It's hard but it'll be worth it in the end. You should just be honest with her.

And it probably isn't too late to change your mind. Can she even get a refund on the flights?

thats not happening she has way more money than me.

I'm sorry to say it, but I think you're crazy.

I find it sad that you lack so much confidence in yourself that you're forcing yourself to do this, but if there's the slightest thought in the back of your mind telling you that you might regret this, then stop what you're doing, be honest with her and tell her not to cancel. The fact that she's wasting her own money because of this (and it definitely isn't cheap to fly into Vancouver) is pretty awful and you can kiss goodbye to meeting her in the future if you don't.

I'm sorry to say it, but I think you're crazy.

I find it sad that you lack so much confidence in yourself that you're forcing yourself to do this, but if there's the slightest thought in the back of your mind telling you that you might regret this, then stop what you're doing, be honest with her and tell her not to cancel. The fact that she's wasting her own money because of this (and it definitely isn't cheap to fly into Vancouver) is pretty awful and you can kiss goodbye to meeting her in the future if you don't.

Yeah I have to agree. I really am not sure at this point if you are trolling or actually came here for advice, but you should have stuck through it even if you were a bit uncomfortable about the situation.

Stepping out of your comfort zone can help you learn more about yourself, plus from what you've said the girl seemed to like you enough to plan it all out and take her time to see you, I think you definitely made the wrong call.

Archived