The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth Aiming to Make Team USA 2014 Sochi Roster

TheRussianRocket.

http://www.parkrecord.com/summit_county-sports/ci_24035610/canucks-david-booth-returns-ice

"This is my second year of doing this," he said. "I have a good friend who has been very generous to let me come up here and use his place. It's become one of my favorite places in the world. It's been awesome and I hope I can keep coming back here for years to come."

Next year, though, he hopes he's not coming back to Park City to rehab an injury.

"Obviously, my number one goal is to stay healthy," he said. "Playing all 82 games is a huge goal. If I play hard and get an opportunity to play all 82 games, I think I can get back to producing the highest numbers I've ever produced in the NHL."

And, when he comes back to Park City next year, he hopes to have some hardware to show off.

"I think we have a team where we can go and win a Stanley Cup," he said. "So that's definitely the biggest team goal."

An Olympic gold medal would be nice, too, Booth said.

"I really believe that a quick start to the season could lead to me playing there [in Sochi, Russia, for Team USA]," he said. "I think my game suits what [the Team USA coaches] are looking for. USA's got so many skill players [Patrick] Kane, [Zach] Parise, the list goes on. If I can bring some speed and a battle mentality to the team, that's what I'll do."

But, for now, he said he's just happy to be back on the ice and feeling healthy.

"I was glad I was able to get out here and do my normal exercises," he said. "If you can stay away from injuries, that's when you're able to get in a rhythm, get in a flow and keep your coordination and your speed."

The Canucks are scheduled to play their first preseason game at home against the San Jose Sharks on Sept. 16.

...I can't believe I just read that, lolz...first stick to making an impact at the NHL level David, don't get too carried away now...not saying he can't regain his former self, but the odds are against him and so far seems like things aren't gonna change soon with him still injured..

http://www.parkrecor...oth-returns-ice

...I can't believe I just read that, lolz...first stick to making an impact at the NHL level David, don't get too carried away now...not saying he can't regain his former self, but the odds are against him and so far seems like things aren't gonna change soon with him will injured..

lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz lolz

I think that's a great mindset for him though. With all that he's been through in the last couple of years with injuries, criticism, and no Kesler down the middle, if all goes well this season and he's healthy for the start of the season along with Kesler, there just might be a chance he could excel out there.

I definitely doubt he'll make the USA Olympic team, but it's awesome to see the guy more motivated than ever and have high expectations, rather than just being ready to play.

Good for him! Screw the haters. That's the kind of mindset he should have going into this season. I would love to see him tear it up to prove people wrong.

Setting realistic goals is more important than chasing pipe dreams. He needs to focus on playing for Van and actually staying healthy, rather than focusing on a team that he isn't on the radar for and then the inevitable disappointment after.

Archived