The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official GDT Thread] Canucks VS Oilers Young Stars Classic 2:00PM Live on CDC

Down by the River

I'm surprised no mention of Myron, who I thought had a good game. He's been pretty good from what I've seen and probably impressed the most of the players I wasn't expecting much from. He had his family sitting a few rows ahead of me and they got to see him score.

Cassels, Gaunce and Mallet were good again, Guimond was better along with Cedarholm (and of course Corrado), and I thought Freisen was good too.

For the others, Pacan, Hall and Maillet were active as well, but it seemed everyone was having trouble at first getting chances. Good thing we came on in the end - probably helped that Edmonton played the late game last night - but it wasn't as good looking a win as Calgary and Winnipeg had against them.

Just got back from Penticton and wanted throw my thoughts on the young Nuks.

About an hour and 20 minutes before puck drop my dad and I were tipping a pint at the Parrot when in walks Hunter and Bo. They sort of stood around at the door for a bit waiting for someone to come talk to them, as they seemed confused about whether they were allowed but when no one came they decided to grab a table. The waitress comes over and Shink says we are only 18, are we allowed to order some food in here? Nope. They respectfully left right away. I on the other hand was disappointed, because I was hoping to see them both on the ice!

Good to see great character from these two. Though, it was dumb they couldn't be served. As long as they aren't ordering alcohol, they should be allowed there. I don't really get that rule. They can always ask for id if someone tried ordering alcohol.

Archived