The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO]Mason Raymond to Leafs

Honeydews

Well said. Sad to see every time Raymond's name is mentioned on this, or any other NHL forum certain Canuck fans just have to come on and bad mouth the guy. He is not here anymore, let him go and find a place to play without so many of you spewing your venom at him. Even the local media seem to think he is still their whipping boy, sad this market is not happy unless they have someone to crap on. Never makes me change my opinion on the player, but I sure have to wonder about some of you and the so-called professionals in this market

Maybe not from you jerks but he will be missed by me! That guy has been through a lot, he broke his back so no wonder he falles lots and dosn't play as well as I know he can. I have back problems too, once you injure your back it never goes back to being 100%. Plus you can't expect him to be a player like Ryan Kesler or the Sedins. He didn't just sail into the NHL like a lot of the players did, have you ever read about his childhood? Yeah he grew up on a farm, I live on a farm and it is so hard to get time to do things that I want, it is no different then with him he was working a lot harder then you thought of working just to get the chores done and school and then get to go play hockey. He is and always will be 100% better of a better person then you ever will be! If you don't like him you can keep it to yourself for once and not write stuff like that on a thread like this.

Mason Raymond you will be missed!!!

Methinks many fans live viscerally through the players they follow. Since they cannot accept the setbacks that Raymond has suffered then the only option becomes criticism. Not knowing Mason Raymond I can not pass judgment on him. From what I observed the guy had speed to burn and a excellent attitude. If anything I thought the Canucks blew his development by bringing him to the NHL to early. He spent 2 years at the college level and less than 40 games in the AHL. Hanson as a comparison spent 3 seasons in the AHL. When Raymond broke in with the Canucks he was the fastest player on the team. Crawford had a talent deprived roster and Raymond stuck because of his speed. I always wondered what his NHL career would have done if he had spent a year or two in the AHL. Even if his offensive game was inconsistent I thought his speed and anticipation would have made him an ideal 3rd line winger with a PK ability. We might never know unless he sticks with another team which can capitalize on that potential.

I cannot wait to see Raymond score a spinarama shutout win for the Laffers.

Archived