The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your say about the revamped team 1040 AM show

lumberman

^Like how the petition's 'sponsor' is anonymous.

This is what Don Taylor was referring to when he said "a small group of anonymous cyber-cowards."

Not going to work.

My only complaint about the revamped morning show is that it's 90% Bro and it wastes Pratt. Meanwhile, Taylor and B-Mac are growing mold. Reunite Pratt and Taylor? But when the Team becomes TSN, Taylor might be out anyway? Not sure, but i don't see Bro and Pratt coexisting forever.

It is what it is. I don't miss Botch, Chapman, their constant negativity or their pro-TO mannerisms. The ratings for that show were low and getting lower as they ticked more and more people here off. The main complaint about the new show is that there is just not enough sports information flowing through Bro. But honestly, did anyone think Botch and Chapman's views on sports were any better? I personally thought the misinformation about the Canucks in particular, combined with the antagonistic, flawed and plain anti-Canuck slant on every issue was enough to get me to turn off the station every morning. My buddies at work who talk hockey concurred and the ratings drop indicated that we weren't the only people who thought the same.

Yes, there's room for improvement with the new show, but i've already heard some improvement and it's only been a few says. Let's see how this revamped show plays out when the Canucks' season actually starts going.

Meanwhile, Botch will be fine. He'll just ring his cellphone again in a Torts presser.

well... It didn't give me an option to write my name... I just created it. Sorry for hiding behind the anonymous tag.

and that's the funny thing... I'm not a coward... I just can't stand the sound of Bro Jake and Pratt tell lame jokes and talk about nothing for 4 hours...

that's all.

^Like how the petition's 'sponsor' is anonymous.

This is what Don Taylor was referring to when he said "a small group of anonymous cyber-cowards."

Not going to work.

My only complaint about the revamped morning show is that it's 90% Bro and it wastes Pratt. Meanwhile, Taylor and B-Mac are growing mold. Reunite Pratt and Taylor? But when the Team becomes TSN, Taylor might be out anyway? Not sure, but i don't see Bro and Pratt coexisting forever.

It is what it is. I don't miss Botch, Chapman, their constant negativity or their pro-TO mannerisms. The ratings for that show were low and getting lower as they ticked more and more people here off. The main complaint about the new show is that there is just not enough sports information flowing through Bro. But honestly, did anyone think Botch and Chapman's views on sports were any better? I personally thought the misinformation about the Canucks in particular, combined with the antagonistic, flawed and plain anti-Canuck slant on every issue was enough to get me to turn off the station every morning. My buddies at work who talk hockey concurred and the ratings drop indicated that we weren't the only people who thought the same.

Yes, there's room for improvement with the new show, but i've already heard some improvement and it's only been a few says. Let's see how this revamped show plays out when the Canucks' season actually starts going.

Meanwhile, Botch will be fine. He'll just ring his cellphone again in a Torts presser.

Ratings must be crashing for the TEAM right now. What an awful decision they made, hopefully they fix it. Pretty funny how Don Taylor is protecting the decision and saying the only people that don't like the decision are some people on Twitter, when in reality it's the majority. Really hope they fix this problem, or it's safe to say me and many others wont be tuning in this hockey season, other than for live broadcasts.

I just don't listen eagerly or faithfully to the early morning shows any more. The banter is forced...there are too many non-sports topics...and I agree with the rest of you who've noticed...that Jake just doesn't know his stuff.

Their show is like "Krusty the Clown" & "Side Show" Dave...being unable to speak to the kids any more...nor are they hangin' on to their fans from yester-year. Split 'em up please or re-think Bro. Jake's involvement altogether....unless he's just reading off-the-wall or extreme-sports copy. Does Jake actually have a niche...where he can talk sports? Not waitin' around to find out tho'. I'm already channel-surfing during their segments.

Ratings must be crashing for the TEAM right now. What an awful decision they made, hopefully they fix it. Pretty funny how Don Taylor is protecting the decision and saying the only people that don't like the decision are some people on Twitter, when in reality it's the majority. Really hope they fix this problem, or it's safe to so me and many others wont be tuning in this hockey season, other than for live broadcasts.

Archived