The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Brazal

MattCanuck

I've played against him in minor hockey before he's a stud. Very unfortunate he won't play for Seattle.

He is though, signed before the bantam draft this summer, and by "pure coincidence" Seattle picked his best friend Dante Fabbro

Over/under is PPG for him this year in the dub, I think he gets slightly lower due to the team not having much of a supporting cast around him as well as no proven solution in net

Certainly plenty of positive buzz down here with the addition of Barzal. My only concern is with so much hype going on in Seattle around him,the possibility of putting to much pressure on him out of the gate.

There definitely is the expectation for him to turn the team around. Hell the "10 reasons to buy opening day ticket" email today was reason number 9: Shea Theodore and Matt Barzal on the PP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Old post I know but really impressed with this kid thus far. Excellent puck handling, foot work and speed. Now to get sappy. The family and I are very proactive with the Seattle Thunderbirds off the ice attending a variety of events. Barzal has handled the pressure well and has to be one of the most down to Earth/easy going players that we've been around in quite a while. Always stops to bs. This past Fall while at a holiday skate event down in Tacoma, he took my son, then nephew and eventually everyone out for a solo skate on the ice. A small gesture that made my son's day and spoke volumes. Anyhow, this concludes story time with Kevin but I really hope this guy excels to the NHL. His skills are beyond impressive to say the least.

He's ranked #4 on my list after McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin.

Very exciting player to watch, really intense and if we draft him it'll be exciting hockey for a long time, stunning vision, great skater, excellent puck skills and a great shot! He's really good, it's fun watching him play.

I'm not banking on it but I'd certainly love to see him wearing a Canucks jersey. I do tend to get a bit sentimental but many WHL players from Seattle and Victoria that I'd love to see in the Canucks/NHL. Although the Ducks picked him up at the last draft, Shea Theodore was another. Not surprising but turns out he's a huge Canucks fan as well.

I'm not banking on it but I'd certainly love to see him wearing a Canucks jersey. I do tend to get a bit sentimental but many WHL players from Seattle and Victoria that I'd love to see in the Canucks/NHL. Although the Ducks picked him up at the last draft, Shea Theodore was another. Not surprising but turns out he's a huge Canucks fan as well.

this is true

He's ranked #4 on my list after McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin.

Very exciting player to watch, really intense and if we draft him it'll be exciting hockey for a long time, stunning vision, great skater, excellent puck skills and a great shot! He's really good, it's fun watching him play.

Pavel Zachaaaa!!

Archived