The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speed Kills?

canuckbeliever

I totally agree with this....but how would the government get all there $$$...I also saw a story on W5 I think where they kept changing road signs...like you cant turn right onto this road between 5-6 monday to friday...then change it after awhile to cant turn right sat and sunday....cops just sat down the road to get there quotas....but government needs there $$$ just like why do I have the same BC medical premiums as a millionaire has...even though I make way less....????

Avoiding accidents is all a matter of physics. All vehicles from Motorcycles to Cars, from Kia's to Ferraris take longer to stop the faster you go. Look at any automotive magazine and you'll see that.

The more time you have. The more options you can give yourself to react and brake or avoid or both.

The more space you have, the more likely you can swerve, find an escape route, or shed speed by braking or both.

It's not rocket science folks.

For example a 2010 Ferrari California at 60 mph takes 108 ft. to stop.

Same car at 80 mph takes 188 ft. to stop.

And that's a car with insane brakes.

Honestly does anyone ALWAYS follow the speed limit? Aside from people taking their drivers test, foreigners (being general here, but it is true) and exceptions like heavy traffic/accidents/police checks etc?

Heck even when there's a cop car in the lane next to me usually I'm still doing 60-65 and I don't even get a glance from the cop. I get the whole "protect the community" mentality but if roads are night in a densely populated area then honestly why are we going 50?

Yes, the video is dumbed down and does have some errors. But the premise is true. When you have a cop noting that not one person is doing the speed limit, well, it's probably not that every driver is criminal, it's that the limit is too low. And the data on crashes and speeds is solid.

So while the video is kinda dumb, the point remains, and it is a good one.

Yes, the video is dumbed down and does have some errors. But the premise is true. When you have a cop noting that not one person is doing the speed limit, well, it's probably not that every driver is criminal, it's that the limit is too low. And the data on crashes and speeds is solid.

So while the video is kinda dumb, the point remains, and it is a good one.

so if i get a ticket and fight it can i use the argument that yes i was speeding(according to the posted sign) but in a responsible , controlled and safe manner while driving in a clear state of mind and so i should not have to pay the fine? i wonder if it would work.

Archived