The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The September Camp Thread,list of invitees, cuts etc updated daily

Primal Optimist

"Wish Gaunce would show a bit more enthusiasm for being there..."

- He looks burned out to me. (I can hardly blame him... what with all the endless hockey they force these kids to go through in a year. You might have close to a hundred games, plus training camp, tournaments, special camps, etc. etc.) I wonder how many days he's had away from the rink.

Gaunce always looks invisible because he's soft and doesn't know how to play aggressive or push the pace of the game. He too passive and that's not a great NHL quality to have as a 3rd line center.

He skates in quicksand too

I don't buy the burnt out thing one bit. He's just slow. Give him a few years to work on his skating and he might be a good 3rd mine center. Right now he's probably way over his head

my two cents:

horvat: I hope he was just having a bad day because he has lead feet:: too slow.

gaunce: looks good, solid player and can pick corners and five hole with his shots:

Burrows; this guy improves with age: easily best player on ice today.

Bieksa looks healthy and so does Kes finally.

Most impressed with Hunter ; speed and effort. I hope they give him a chance on the second line wing for a few games.

Sedins are amazing how they can retrieve the puck over and over again in the others teams zone.

Zack looked better today and passes well with the twins but still doesn't have the finish of someone like Bur.

Sesito had more jump today than usual.

Weise looks good but no finish.

Would be nice to pile some of those 6'5" players and Lain on the 4th line to have a huge team some games.

Both Kes and Sesito seam to mix it up with other players even while scrimmaging with their own team mates. At least Bieksa gives other players a smile or a tap to let them know it's all good fun.

Practice: wow I got tired just watching: no room for slackers in Torts system.

It's hard to watch everyone in such a short time but I kept noticing number 63 standing out which was Adam Polasek.

"Wish Gaunce would show a bit more enthusiasm for being there..."

- He looks burned out to me. (I can hardly blame him... what with all the endless hockey they force these kids to go through in a year. You might have close to a hundred games, plus training camp, tournaments, special camps, etc. etc.) I wonder how many days he's had away from the rink.

Archived