The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

14:29 of ice time against Canada. I thought he was really impressive again (as he was against the Swiss). A couple decent chances, very mobile and responsible defensively, lots of grit/energy, throwing the body very consistently, and strong on the puck. He looks like a solid depth prospect.

i don't see latvia winning a game, never mind scoring a goal, but i'm just glad he's taking part. If he can put up some points it would be great. If he can help his team win a game, it would be amazing, if they can take 2, i'll be flabberghasted.

I'm guessing you're pretty much flabberghasted.

5 games - and a total of 4 goals deficit.

Not bad at all.

I'm guessing you're pretty much flabberghasted.

5 games - and a total of 4 goals deficit.

Not bad at all.

i meant Kenins scoring a goal, not the team itself... but reading back it does look like i was talking about the team. i am flabberghasted that they were able to win a game in general though, great showing by them.

14:29 of ice time against Canada. I thought he was really impressive again (as he was against the Swiss). A couple decent chances, very mobile and responsible defensively, lots of grit/energy, throwing the body very consistently, and strong on the puck. He looks like a solid depth prospect.

I only saw the first game against the Swiss, which he was so so in apart from a couple of good chances, but I agree he was pretty good against Canada.

One of the best underdog stories of the Sochi Olympics may be nearly undone.

According to The Globe and Mail's James Mirtle, the Latvian men's Olympic team - which finished eighth in the hockey tournament - now faces possible disqualification after a second player has allegedly tested positive for a banned substance.

Mirtle cites a report from Latvian web site sportacentrs.com that states an unnamed player has turned up the team's second positive drug test of the tournament. Forward Vitalijs Pavlovs failed a drug test following Latvia's 2-1 quarter-final defeat to Canada.

Under Olympic rules, hockey teams do not face disqualification until multiple players test positive for banned substances.

The eighth-place finish improved Latvia to 10th in the IIHF world rankings, which is a key determinant to Olympic qualification. The top nine teams in the IIHF world rankings received automatic berths to the Sochi Games, which was the reason why Norway (ranked ninth through 2012) was able to avoid the qualification tournaments that saw Slovenia, Austria and Latvia qualify by beating the likes of Germany, France and Belarus.

IIHF rankings are based on tournament performance over a four-year span, including both the Olympic hockey tournament and the World Championships.

I hope this isnt Kenins..

According to The Globe and Mail's James Mirtle, the Latvian men's Olympic team - which finished eighth in the hockey tournament - now faces possible disqualification after a second player has allegedly tested positive for a banned substance.

Mirtle cites a report from Latvian web site sportacentrs.com that states an unnamed player has turned up the team's second positive drug test of the tournament. Forward Vitalijs Pavlovs failed a drug test following Latvia's 2-1 quarter-final defeat to Canada.

Under Olympic rules, hockey teams do not face disqualification until multiple players test positive for banned substances.

The eighth-place finish improved Latvia to 10th in the IIHF world rankings, which is a key determinant to Olympic qualification. The top nine teams in the IIHF world rankings received automatic berths to the Sochi Games, which was the reason why Norway (ranked ninth through 2012) was able to avoid the qualification tournaments that saw Slovenia, Austria and Latvia qualify by beating the likes of Germany, France and Belarus.

IIHF rankings are based on tournament performance over a four-year span, including both the Olympic hockey tournament and the World Championships.

That will be the last time they ever let Putin into their Olympic suite for a good luck drink

Gudlevskis.

Who goes from the ECHL, to the AHL, to the Olympics, to the NHL in a single season? Only one goalie has ever done that and it was him.

Archived