The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

I remember he played in the Canucks preseason on a line with Jensen and Gaunce, and they had really a good chemistry going. He looks promising. I hope he's progressed sufficiently in his development since then and is ready for a serious push this time around. I'd like to see him get a shot.

I don't understand this love in for some Latvian that few have seen, or limited TV coverage in the Olympics ( was he picked a star in any games...did he stand out in any games...the answer is no ) so how come fans are infatuiated with this guy. Hey Hansen has proved himslef again and again. Torts jerked a lot of guys around and Hansen was one of them. I KNOW Hansen can play in the league I have NO IDEA if Kenins can hack the league. the travel, the number of games, the bigger players....has any one on this board ever seen Kenins play in the NHL....right...he's an unknown commodity.

I love the I think he'll do this or that...You know what that is....it's dreaming...wake up

i get where you're coming from for sure. How does Hansen not get used on the PK for pretty much the entire year? Torts took away his role; Hansen had no steady ground to stand on the whole season. Kenins more than likely is going to the AHL next year. So lets see what he can do shall we? let the people (prospect section regulars) speculate! that's one of the main purposes of these threads. you or I are no better than the others projecting immediate success for him just by virtue of taking a more conservative stance.

i get where you're coming from for sure. How does Hansen not get used on the PK for pretty much the entire year? Torts took away his role; Hansen had no steady ground to stand on the whole season. Kenins more than likely is going to the AHL next year. So lets see what he can do shall we? let the people (prospect section regulars) speculate! that's one of the main purposes of these threads. you or I are no better than the others projecting immediate success for him just by virtue of taking a more conservative stance.

Your tottaly right, in all honesty i dont expect Kenins to start in the big leagues, after a successful season in the A getting used to the NA game, i would consider him a bottom 6 contender

I love the I think he'll do this or that...You know what that is....it's dreaming...wake up

You do know you don't have to comment in any of the threads in the prospects forum then, right? That's what most of the posts will be, speculation on a player's future. Much of it will be optimistic (if not also overly so) as well considering they're Canucks prospects on a Canucks forum.

You do know you don't have to comment in any of the threads in the prospects forum then, right? That's what most of the posts will be, speculation on a player's future. Much of it will be optimistic (if not also overly so) as well considering they're Canucks prospects on a Canucks forum.

Thats what makes this forum so childish and barely worth reading :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
@OD_Pitarresi:

Not confirmed, but ... Comets winger Ronalds Kenins likely headed to Vancouver Canucks for a while.

@OD_Pitarresi:

Kenins is 5-7-12, plus 6 in 36 games. Rugged ball of muscle. Member of Latvian national team. Plays smart.

Good for Kenins, I'm excited to see what he can bring to the NHL level. I think he's going to be a great bottom 6'er for us in the next couple years.

Can't wait to see what he does.

Me either. This is the first call up I'm legitimately excited to watch this year! From what I've seen the kid has the potential to end up as somewhere around a Torres/Hansen hybrid or damn near a perfect bottom 6 player IMO.

I hope he really knocks our socks off tomorrow :towel: Our team could use the infusion of energy, grit etc.

And it's official!

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have recalled forward Ronalds Kenins from the AHL Utica Comets.

Kenins, 23, has appeared in 36 games with the Comets this season recording 12 points (5-7-12) and 23 penalty minutes. He spent the 2013.14 season with the Zurich Lions collecting 25 points (8-17-25) and 40 penalty minutes in 39 games played.

On the international stage, Kenins represented Team Latvia at the 2014 Winter Olympics and four World Championships: 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Kenins also played in the 2010 World Junior Championships as a member of the Latvian national team.

The 6’0”, 209-pound forward was signed as a free agent by Vancouver July 30, 2013.

Archived