The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

Pretty good assist.

He took the puck right at the blueline, went up the middle, and made a low hard shot that created a rebound and a tap in.

He now has 4 points in 4 games.

After watching the highlights, I really question how Thomas was so dominant in 2011. He looked really bad and awkward in net.

Pretty good assist.

He took the puck right at the blueline, went up the middle, and made a low hard shot that created a rebound and a tap in.

After watching the highlights, I really question how Thomas was so dominant in 2011. He looked really bad and awkward in net.

He had a 6'9" Chara co-tending.

Pretty good assist.

He run in 2011 reminds me of how Quick plays, outa position a lot but never giving up and somehow always made the big save at the right time.

Hes a gamer he will make team at training camp mark my words hes a improvement on hansen at a 5th the price

I don't know about him being better than Hansen but I'm sure he will be an improvement over Dalpe or Sestito next year.

He's arguably been our best player at the WC.

I really like his game as a hard-nosed forechecker with decent hands.

If there's one guy I'm stoked to see at camp it's him.

Playing in the Olympics, Winning a Championship, and at the WC will have fast tracked his development.

• 3 weeks later...

Kenins highlights from last year in Switzerland.

Thanks!

What I noticed and really like about Kenins is that he uses his speed a lot. He attacks the net and goes for his own rebound even after the goalie makes a save on his original shot. Could be a great tweener someday for the Nux.

Dood is good.

I really think he will be on the Canucks next year.

He pretty good at everything. That bodes well for a thirdliner in my opinion.

Basing all of that off of highlight video from Youtube...? Extremely unlikely he even comes close to making the team next year. He will get time in the AHL and see where it takes him.

Basing all of that off of highlight video from Youtube...? Extremely unlikely he even comes close to making the team next year. He will get time in the AHL and see where it takes him.

I would agree basing that entirely off of a highlight pack would be ill advised, luckily we participated in the Olympics and the World Championships which were both televised events.

Elite prospects does have him playing in Utica next year so you might be right.

Watching his compete level, checking ability against professional players at both the OG and WC, was more of why I think he can play in the NHL, but turns out he has pretty good hands and vision. Which were also on display when he played on a line with Gaunce and Jensen in the Prospects camp last year.

I could see him on the fourth line lw next season.

Sedin, Sedin, Jensen/Burrows

_____, Kesler, Kassian

Higgins, Horvat, Santorelli

Kenins, Matthias, Richardson

Keans is 23 as of last Feb so he'll be 24 during next season....he should be ready to make his push for an NHL spot. He's been playing in a mans league for a couple of years already. Any thing less and he might be a write off. He has this coming year as the last year of his contract then he's an RFA in 2015

Archived