The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

To be honest, I knew nothing about him when he was first signed by the Canucks. I'd assumed he was some stereotypical European perimeter player, probably under 6 feet and less than 200lbs. Boy, that's totally far from the truth.

His time has been somewhat limited, but at times I almost mistaken him with Bo Horvat. Their build and stature are pretty much identical and they both play the "give it 100%" and "do what it takes" type game.

A good signing / parting gift from MG.

I knew he had a game that would transfer well. He's a speeding ball of muscle. Hits well, shoots well, passes well, and plays responsible D. I love the pairing he has with Bo. They can be a good anchor on the fourth line.

Kassian seems like his days are numbered. Evander Kane was a healthy scratch too. Could some sort of Kassian+(+) deal work? Benning needs a top 6 forward that can play a speedy game? He's right there.

RONALDS KENINS - "I can do better"

That's the difference between Kenins and Kassian → attitude and work ethic. While Kassian is most certainly on the way out, it looks like Kenis may have seen the last of Utica for a while, if ever.

Hopefully, both he and BoHo can get some power play opportunities too.

in the post game kenins said that he saw on tape that Pavelec was having trouble with shots on that side so he decided to shoot it there. the announcers were all saying it was a bad goal, but it was smart pre-scouting and an intentional placement. Very smart.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/9/11/putting-a-bow-on-the-2014-edition-of-the-prospect-series-our-individual-rankings

Not in the Canucks top 20 prospects according to most of these experts.

CDC new though, of course we knew... How could we not know.

It's. Ronalds. Time. Baby.

Please don't call CanucksArmy experts. Aside from Drance, those guys are just awful.

I don't understand this love in for some Latvian that few have seen, or limited TV coverage in the Olympics ( was he picked a star in any games...did he stand out in any games...the answer is no ) so how come fans are infatuiated with this guy. Hey Hansen has proved himslef again and again. Torts jerked a lot of guys around and Hansen was one of them. I KNOW Hansen can play in the league I have NO IDEA if Kenins can hack the league. the travel, the number of games, the bigger players....has any one on this board ever seen Kenins play in the NHL....right...he's an unknown commodity.

I love the I think he'll do this or that...You know what that is....it's dreaming...wake up

Fred has been sadly absent from this thread since Kenins call up :(

kenins will rip in up in ahl and at camp if he doesnt outright steal a spot on canucks he will definately be a call up and someone will be outa job come trade deadline

Foreshadowing...?

in the post game kenins said that he saw on tape that Pavelec was having trouble with shots on that side so he decided to shoot it there. the announcers were all saying it was a bad goal, but it was smart pre-scouting and an intentional placement. Very smart.

Yeah I was really impressed by that too

Is there a minimum amount of games played required to be considered for the Hart?

I think Horvat has it locked down already though

Clendening might make it close, but ultimately, Bo will win the Hart

Archived