The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito has untapped potential

Canuckler87

IMO, most of these comments suck.. And by suck, I mean that they are ignorant and non insightful, and many of you seem to be just kids, yelling at us through a message board just like they yell at their parents, "these shoes you bought me for $200 suck" etc..

It seems that to a lot of you here a player is either not talked about, or they suck, which is a highly ignorant way of discussion, that's for sure.

I think the OP was talking about how Sestito was brought up as a scorer and is one of the new age tough guys that also has the potential to play, ie: pot a few, be in position, and be defensively responsible.

I think he's right, and it was great to see him stick up for our team last night and give Burish a good beat down. Anyone who doesn't like that has their head stuck waaaaaaaaaaaay up their ass.

IMO, most of these comments suck.. And by suck, I mean that they are ignorant and non insightful, and many of you seem to be just kids, yelling at us through a message board just like they yell at their parents, "these shoes you bought me for $200 suck" etc..

It seems that to a lot of you here a player is either not talked about, or they suck, which is a highly ignorant way of discussion, that's for sure.

I think the OP was talking about how Sestito was brought up as a scorer and is one of the new age tough guys that also has the potential to play, ie: pot a few, be in position, and be defensively responsible.

I think he's right, and it was great to see him stick up for our team last night and give Burish a good beat down. Anyone who doesn't like that has their head stuck waaaaaaaaaaaay up their ass.

Considering people have been screaming for the team to have a legitimate enforcer type for some time now, you'd think that more fans would like the guy.

The way he came in to that scrum last night was fearsome!

If Sestito improves on his timing and nothing else, I'll be happy with him. He tends to accept fights that kill the Canucks momentum. Too often I've seen the Canucks go up by a goal or two and then Sestito accepts a fight from the other teams goon, loses in spectacular fashion and the other team gets a bit of a spark. If instead of accepting fights on the other teams initiative he starts to plan when he wants to fight I'd would like him more as an enforcer.

Wha wha wha

Is all I see here

If Sestito improves on his timing and nothing else, I'll be happy with him. He tends to accept fights that kill the Canucks momentum. Too often I've seen the Canucks go up by a goal or two and then Sestito accepts a fight from the other teams goon, loses in spectacular fashion and the other team gets a bit of a spark. If instead of accepting fights on the other teams initiative he starts to plan when he wants to fight I'd would like him more as an enforcer.

I haven't got much use for fans who criticize a player by personal insult or by being a skills critic when most don't know which end of the hockey stick to grab. I think Sestito can be more effective by using his size by hitting and fighting a little less. As you suggest fighting at the right time win/lose is more important.

Sestito may not have NHL level skill but he can be effective when used properly. He's a pretty good fighter and isn't afraid to throw his weight around. He also seems to have some anger issues which is awesome. Vancouver finally has a legitimate heavyweight that can matchup with any fighter in the league. It was tough watching guys like Volpatti have to fight players almost 30 pounds heavier than him.

As for Sestito's offensive potential, I can see him banging home a few loose pucks from the slot on the powerplay but I don't see him surprising anyone with much more than that. As long as he's delivering crushing bodychecks and busting up faces with his fists, he's doing his job and well worth the re-signing. Tortorella wants bite and this behemoth provides plenty of it. You listening Chara and Lucic, you punkass bitches?

He's got the size and decent speed. He just needs to work on his shot. I think he will surprise quite a few people this season with his goals and points output. If he were to be placed in front of the net on the power play he could cause turbulence. Just get him to stand there & put in the rebounds, hopefully rough up the opposing netminder and get into his head.

Wow, he'll be lucky to play 40 games and get 2 goals and 2 assists= 750k... absolute joke of a resign. Fire Gillis

Archived