The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito has untapped potential

Canuckler87

Worst thing about CDC is the hate for our own players be it the twins mayray or rypien

It is embarrassing . Sestito is good at what he is and he does have potential to be more then that

He is big can fight and does actually have good hands is he the fastest guy ? No.. And to say the guy sucks considering he is in the NHL on one of the top teams in the league I would say he is alright.

Sestito will get an op to play more honest minutes for Willie Desjardins....than he did for Tortorella. Willie is a NO player left behind kind of coach. They will still play a fiesty...yet honest game. Desjardins will teach his 4th liners to be more than just bangers & meatheads. I'm looking forward to seeing what the results of that will be, next season. Stay tuned.

He's pretty good at sucker punching guys off the face off. Other than that.... remember, we got him because he passed through half the teams in the NHL on waivers. Pure goon and not a very good one at that.

"Sucker punching guys off the face off" you watch that game cause all I saw was Henrik getting cheap shotted and Sestito stepping up.

sesstito was hired as a goon and our enforcer yet kassian is a better fighter them him,. sesstito cant pass cant skate and cant fight. sesstito is exactly what you see now their is no untaped potentital hes supoussed to be a goon

sesstito was hired as a goon and our enforcer yet kassian is a better fighter them him,. sesstito cant pass cant skate and cant fight. sesstito is exactly what you see now their is no untaped potentital hes supoussed to be a goon

Parents, take this as a warning to you.

You know who is a better fighter than Sestito? Kesler, Kassian, Burrows, Bieksa, Lain....in fact, pretty much anyone else on the team who isn't a Sedin.

The guy looks terrified whenever he drops the gloves. He's an enforcer who can't fight! We should dump him the first chance we get and give his spot to a guy who isn't incompetent.

You know who is a better fighter than Sestito? Kesler, Kassian, Burrows, Bieksa, Lain....in fact, pretty much anyone else on the team who isn't a Sedin.

The guy looks terrified whenever he drops the gloves. He's an enforcer who can't fight! We should dump him the first chance we get and give his spot to a guy who isn't incompetent.

This has to be the perfect example (there are some similar post to this, but is one is ?) of having a group conversation and one of the group members keeps making comments that show he has no idea of what he is talking about.

Sestito does have more to his game then he has been given a chance to show, period. A lot of peoples opinions on Sestito lack any insights or fact; just a bunch of hateful garbage that makes this forum look foolish and spiteful.

Come the start of the season I do not care if Sestito is playing for the Canucks or some other team, but to bad mouth the guy shows how swallow people are. Give the guy credit he worked hard and guess what he did something very few can ever achieve; he got drafted into the NHL and is now playing for the team we all love.

Sestito will get an op to play more honest minutes for Willie Desjardins....than he did for Tortorella. Willie is a NO player left behind kind of coach. They will still play a fiesty...yet honest game. Desjardins will teach his 4th liners to be more than just bangers & meatheads. I'm looking forward to seeing what the results of that will be, next season. Stay tuned.

I hope you're right, and find your opinion quite logical.. Good post

I've always liked Tommy Boy... Atta boy Tommy keep playing them hard..

I think his confidence with the puck could go up, and his goal totals may rise to the occasion with him. Whenever we played other teams in the playoffs who used a guy like that to his full advantage he always got lots of praise from the likes of CDC... The grass is always greener etc etc I guess...

The guy looks terrified whenever he drops the gloves. He's an enforcer who can't fight!

Wrong. Sestito has pretty good hands and technique. Calm for the most part too. He understands counter punching & love that he will use his left to jab while grabbing the jersey. He fights best when he uses his range and height to his advantage rather than swinging for the fences (imo he loses or draws even when he resorts to this style). His one knock from what I've seen is his balance (because he is so tall), so for him I'd work on strengthening his core and lower body in the off season.

Sestito is a pretty good heavyweight that has heart. Hopefully he can work on his footspeed in the offseason.

Im not saying he will light it up like Junior, but you simply don't score 40+ goals in a season by luck. Muscle memory still in there somewhere. You dont simply just forget how to carry the puck and play with it. There is a reason why we have a skills coach and why its there. Tom just has to be dedicated to try and incorporate that to his game if thats what he wants to do, if he wants to have a longer career in this league.

He easily can post 15-20 points a season and still rack some PIMS when necessary. He scored 5 goals and 9 points in 77 games when he played from a range of 2 minutes to 8 minutes. If given some steady minutes and trains well, i think he can be a quality fourth line tough guy.

I still have hope for this guy simply because he was the only one last year that seemed to care about protecting his teammates. Haven't seen enough of the toughness for Kass yet to think he is ready to sheriff this team.

1) Kesler sucks at fighting,

2) Burrows fights players who dont fight i.e Kessel, Keith, Bouchard,

3) Kassian barely drops his gloves,

4) Bieksa picks his fights, and

5) Lain had one fight and lost pretty bad to a heavy weight in Westgarth where he was bloodied up.

Sestito is the only one of the group that has shown fearlessness and actually takes on the heavy weights. Led the team in 19 majors, and without him those 5 above would have to deal with. I highly doubt many of them have the guts to drop it with Orr, McGratten, Bordeleau, Neil, and Reaves.

Believe it or not, but Tom puts himself on the line to protect this team...he may suck at fighting but I rather him take on these guys then see the likes of above taking the rest on.

Tom sestito simply needs more of a chance to show what he can do. The guy has hands and smarts but doesnt get the opportunity to show it. Youtube some of his goals, you may be surprised. As far as a fighter goes he's not that great. Certainly not with the real tough guys in the league. Why not try turning him into a project power forward. Suddenly you might have that big third line winger thats so hard to find. Compared to some of the clowns that we have had on our team in the last few years he's got a good chance of improving his play if he is given the opportunity. Do ya really think turderella gave him a fair shot last year ?

Tom Sestito or Tostito is a clown who talks a good game but backs up literally nothing when you put him on the spot

Oh not the poster but the player?

Ya I think there is more to him if he is actually played under the right circumstances. The guy has shown he can have soft hands and can be a solid net presence. But we need a coach who can actually play him under the right circumstances and not just as a pugilist

Archived