The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT/PGT | Sept. 16/13 | San Jose Vs. Vancouver | 7:00 PT | SNET-P | Pre-Season |

-Vintage Canuck-

Why are people raging about Horvat line mates? All during prospect camp he was given top offensive minutes versus his peers. For the first game of PRESEASON, he's playing on a line with guys that may be our fourth line. What's wrong with playing Horvat in a 4th line role to see how he is. It's not like Higgins and Hansen are playing this game, he was on a line with them yesterday in scrimmages. Horvat is being used everywhere, which makes sense considering if he makes this team, there are going to be games where he is on the 4th line and other games where he'll be elevated in the lineup. He's not just going to be locked in that 3rd line through 82 games.

Get your hands off the panic button already.

well I hope in terms of ice time, the lines will be more like this:

Shinkaruk - Kelser - Burrows

Pelletier - Gaunce - Jensen

Archibald - Lain - Hamil

Sestito - Horvat - Weise

Nothing against Horvat, it's just impossible to look good with those wingers in a top 6 role.

As I understand it we need a minimum of 8 vets with 100 nhl games, and with these forward rounding out all of 4 Vet spots, I assume our D will be mostly veterans, making it quite strong.

Lack gets most of the game which is good. I assume for the next game they'll have the Sedins and give Eriksson the game.

Kassian is not a center.

While I think the Kesler line is an audition is precisely because the top 2 lines are the only ones suitable for Shinkaruk like you say.

Hunter, like Bo still needs to produce over a point a game to have a shot at sticking.

Bo playing with 4th lines may be a bit of an audition too, just to see if he can play on any line, if he sticks with the Canucks it won't be as 4th liner but he may have to play there from time to time.

They won't keep either kid unless they produce, Gaunce hasn't been the greatest so far but he may be able to stick by producing under a point a game, even down to .5 points a game if he can show potential and solid, solid defense.

All three are huge long shots really given all our other options, Jensen or Shroeder will fill in for Booth is he is not ready.

It all adds up to huge production required to have a shot at sticking.

see bolded area....really? thanks for that...

where did i say kassian is a center

try comprehending a person's point before you make some sort of silly, retort.

here i'll spell it out for you AGAIN

I said "kassian with hands AT CENTRE"

this means, for those who have problems with reading comprehension

I was comparing Horvat to Kassian but stating he "HORVAT" has better hands and plays "CENTER"

the implication of this assertion is that Kassian does not play center

now go back to your 'i want to be smarter than others and attempt to put them down but get owned' place.

Archived