The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts gets interviewed today.

Canouver

I love this! I feel like I'm watching the Canucks as a real hockey team on and off the ice. The days of Henrik being punched in the face 5 times and not hitting back are over. The days of HNIC panelists taking cheap shots at Burrows and the twins without repercussions are over. The days of passive aggressive calling out of players and confusion over ice time is over.

On a hockey level the Canucks have kept their system a lot more simple and just focus on playing quicker and in your face... exactly how the top teams like the Hawks and Bruins play. I think the D will make it easier for whoever is in net by playing lower, checking hard and blocking shots. It's also been a long time since I've seen the offense have real net crashers banging away at the puck with urgency and conviction.

The team still needs to upgrade talent in some areas but this way of playing makes it easy for call ups and additional players easier to fit in and just play hockey. It's been a long time since I've seen the team play with this much passion... even compared to the cup run team.

Archived