The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts gets interviewed today.

Canouver

I didn't have a problem with it, to be honest. He might have been a little curt, but it is rude as hell to not have your cell phone on silent during a presser. It's bad enough we already can't hear the freaking questions and half the time have to guess who the "he" being talked about is. I don't want to have to try to hear the speaker over annoying cell phone ring tones too. And for the speaker, it's distracting and disruptive. It's just plain old rude and they deserved to be called out for it! After all, I seriously doubt it was that person's first presser. They're professionals and a certain level of professionalism should be expected and demanded.

Just because we have the technology to have a phone with us at all times doesn't mean we have the right to subject other people to it at all times and that's something frankly that a lot of people, young and old, need to be reminded of. Curtly if necessary.

NHL should make a deal with network providers to allow fans to pick what team they get. It would be revolutionary and the could make money on it, make it exclusive to NHL so other leagues don't copy it unless they pay a fee or something.

The issue is more that the guaranteed revenues from local stations would plummet; if you can't give accurate subscriber counts you can't sell advertising for high rates and make less money. The "a la carte" would only remotely work if the NHL was producing and running the crews and productions for all games, selling all advertising and working out individual deals with 25 cable companies and 5 satellite companies and managing the technology to allow all of that for those providers and their systems, which they do -0- of right now. So, basically, it's just far too overreaching for the league to take a stab at for limited/less upside.

Didn't take much for this 'omg Torts' talk to get started, did it?

Just wait until something actually happens...

Note: If we're prepared to give our prospects years of development time in the name of patience, then perhaps we could give Torts more than one pre-preseason presser comment about some media dbag's cellphone going off?

Or not. Like i care.

funny seeing reporters and others respond to that on twitter. some people are so overly sensitive. as a media member, if you dont want torts to be a 'jerk' to you, be on your game. have your phone silent, ask insightful questions, and the guy will treat you with respect. simple as that. can't even count the amount of times he has commented "great question" or something along those lines when some of the better reporters have the floor.

So, what people are suggesting is that since the media is rude, it's okay if Torts is, as well?

Basically, fight fire with fire? Oh...okay...this is going to be an interesting season.

People assume the media will back down. But we all know what happened in New York.

I wonder what gong show awaits us.

So, what people are suggesting is that since the media is rude, it's okay if Torts is, as well?

Basically, fight fire with fire? Oh...okay...this is going to be an interesting season.

People assume the media will back down. But we all know what happened in New York.

Archived