The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does anybody else NOT want our "young guns" to make the team?

baumerman77

I don't want any of our junior-eligible players to make this team. That's not to say I don't want them to do well during the pre-season, I just believe junior development is extremely important for 18 and 19 year-olds. Personally, I would love to see the draft move to 19 year-olds instead of 18 year-olds. So few 18 year-olds make the league and even fewer make a significant impact on their team, especially if their team is a "playoff contender".

As far as Corrado and Jensen are consider I would also like to see them start the year in the minors so that they can play big minutes and adjust to the pro game.

Am I alone here or do others not want our young guns to make this team?

Yeah, there has never been any 18 year olds ready for the NHL, we shouldn't trust our team's coaching and management to make the right decisions about our prospects.

I see Horvat, Shinni and Gaunce all playing their last year in the CHL this season.

I think at center we're pretty well set with:

Sedin

Kesler

Schroeder

Richardson

There's 5 more pre-season games to go so we'll just have to wait and see what happens, but this is just my opinion thus far. Though I must admit, I believe that Shinkaruk is much closer than most people think.

I want people on the team who give the Canucks the best chance to win. If that meant re-signing Raymond, then so be it. If the team gels and works well with either one or a combination of Shinkarek, Horvat, or Gaunce, then great. If all the youngsters do is hamper the team, then no.

I don't want any of our junior-eligible players to make this team. That's not to say I don't want them to do well during the pre-season, I just believe junior development is extremely important for 18 and 19 year-olds. Personally, I would love to see the draft move to 19 year-olds instead of 18 year-olds. So few 18 year-olds make the league and even fewer make a significant impact on their team, especially if their team is a "playoff contender".

As far as Corrado and Jensen are consider I would also like to see them start the year in the minors so that they can play big minutes and adjust to the pro game.

Am I alone here or do others not want our young guns to make this team?

Archived