The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Edmonton - October 18th

Edler's Mind Tricks

Eh, it's preseason, mainly for assessing the team and not winning. But still, that first period was tough to watch. Thoughts, again:

- Gaunce, Santorelli, and DeFazio looked really good together – out of all of our lines, they easily had the most jump and stood out to me in a bad first period. Gaunce has shown he can get in the right places around the net to find goals, which bodes well for his chances, and Santorelli is the type of player who looks like he can be a dependable, hard-working guy. I doubt DeFazio will make the team but I like his grit and aggressiveness.

- Shinkaruk was flashy again, played with lots of speed. Just missed on that 2-on-1 opportunity with Hansen.

- the Sedins and Kassian looked good on the PP, and had a lot of chances offensively although it didn't translate into anything. However, the Sedins looked out of place in the defensive zone… I'm guessing it'll take them a while to adjust to the way Torts wants them to play.

- I don't make much out of Luongo's poor start, although the Perron and Marincin goals were just brutal. He looked more settled in the second period at least; better to get it out of the way now than October.

- Eriksson acquitted himself nicely, but he didn't have many tough tests. I'd love to see he and Lack each play two periods in two of the upcoming games to get a better scope of their abilities.

- Horvat and Jensen were invisible to me for the second game in a row, and so far, Gaunce>Horvat and Shinkaruk>Jensen for centre and winger roster spots. But we've yet to see Schroeder in action or know if Booth will be ready for the beginning of the season so things are far from settled there.

You've never seen the guy play (except prospect game) and now he's the next Roy or Brodeur. OMG get real man, this isn't X-Box, it's real life and if you really think that :

1) your dumb

2) you know nothing about hockey

3) your the reason other fans, players, teams hates us so much.

Great game Lou!! Showing everyone what u are made of. Good job puttin an end to this goalie drama .. Thank god it's pre season but I don't really so Lou doing much better. He's has always been bad at lettin in quick weak goals much like tonight. It will continue into the playoffs and be our down fall. Great job gmmg tradin Lou when u had the chance and keeping the good goalie known as Schnieder

Great game Lou!! Showing everyone what u are made of. Good job puttin an end to this goalie drama .. Thank god it's pre season but I don't really so Lou doing much better. He's has always been bad at lettin in quick weak goals much like tonight. It will continue into the playoffs and be our down fall. Great job gmmg tradin Lou when u had the chance and keeping the good goalie known as Schnieder

Archived