147 replies to this topic

#91 ronningsback

ronningsback

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

right ! smaller pads but same mistakes, 5 hole! Stick still off ice,! bad angle goals! not set! poor lateral movement ! So..whats he been working on ....not his weaknesses!

...................yeppp Luongo's back!! How does MG keep his job??

#92 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

was nice seeing lu back again. sucky first, but that's kinda the point of the pre seasons. management knows winning doesn't mean anything, but the work the team puts in, finding chemistry with guys and just see how the younger guys handle themselves in a big league environment. thats kinda what people dont understand in the pre season. have one bad game and, that's it, this team is going to be killed dead and not make the playoffs

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated. I support our team.

I do take sig requests.

#93 MickVega

MickVega

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I thought Bieksa played well. At his best he is pinching, shooting when he has the opportunity, throwing hits and it works. At his worst he is pinching, shooting when he has the opportunity, throwing hits and it doesn't work. He is so unpredictable it is both exciting and very scary.

#94 Dumb Nuck

Dumb Nuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

So many excuses for a poor performance, if you think we have a shot at the cup you'd better give your head a shake.
There's always next year.

#95 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,026 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Oh there was a game today?

Did we score many touchdowns?
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#96 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

So many excuses for a poor performance, if you think we have a shot at the cup you'd better give your head a shake.

My face is completely red with all the face palming I've been doing because of all the excuses

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#97 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Lol not saying we'll win it, but how do you know? After one pre season game where half our roster wasn't playing? Makes sense.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#98 Dumb Nuck

Dumb Nuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Lol not saying we'll win it, but how do you know? After one pre season game where half our roster wasn't playing? Makes sense.

We stunk it up and all that was posted was excuses, in fact we have excuses until November when Lou should show up. I've been a fan since day one and have had many moments of hope, this season is not one of them.

#99 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

We stunk it up and all that was posted was excuses, in fact we have excuses until November when Lou should show up. I've been a fan since day one and have had many moments of hope, this season is not one of them.

A fan since day one... So you been around since the canucks started in 1970?? You must be growing senile now...

#100 Dumb Nuck

Dumb Nuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

A fan since day one... So you been around since the canucks started in 1970?? You must be growing senile now...

Maybe but at least I'm not insane like most people here; watching the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Edited by Dumb Nuck, 18 September 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#101 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Shinkaruk looks ugly when he is skating off the puck, what's with that one hand on the stick forechecking he does? A bit strange for me but maybe it works for him. With the puck though he has a nice jump and hands. I notice the rookies do seem to coast a bit compared to the vets. Can't wait till these guys get a bit stronger.

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#102 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

My face is completely red with all the face palming I've been doing because of all the excuses

Then you need to learn what being a sports fan is. It's about supporting your team through thick and thin. But by all means keep hitting your face, it certainly won't make you dumber.

Anyways, anyone else notice the changes to the team's vernacular under Torts showing in postgame interviews already? "Doing the little things", "forgetting the scoreboard", "every shift is a new shift" and so on?

Keswho.jpg

#103 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

ANYONE who has vivid memories of this franchise from 1970~1988(approx) is probably enthusiastically looking fwd to this season. MAN, there were some lean, LOUSY teams in that period.

#104 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'm sure there were TWO teams on the ice today and both were playing "preseason" if you people are going to use that as an excuse to hide the fact that we played like **** then your delusional. If both teams weren't trying then why did WE lose ? How come the oilers out shot us? Why can we not score more then 2 goals for like the last how many games lol.

#105 amitriptyline

amitriptyline

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hopefully they got a good yelling at by Tortorella after the game.

Marcel Bolibobo

#106 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

an oilers team that's playing their 4th preseason game vs a canucks team that majority of their lineup is having their first real game action since last april? and a lineup full of young player and rookies and we are bitching about we lost a preseason game? when was the last time the canucks did well in preseason?? oh last i checked we made the playoff despite losing a tons of games in the preseason the past couple of years.

#107 amitriptyline

amitriptyline

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Did the Oil have more of their vets playing than the Canucks did? With a result like this I hope so.

Marcel Bolibobo

#108 Mannimal Hoetruck

Mannimal Hoetruck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Really liked Shinkaruk's offensive instinct. Those saucers he threw to Hansen were tape to tape and I thought they showed a bit of chemistry there.

Horvat and Jensen were pretty useless..

Gaunce has a legit shot at 3rd/4th line duties this year. If not, Santorelli and Richardson are not bad options
██░░░░░██▀░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░
███░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░███
▀███▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░█████
░░█░▄▀▄░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░████
█░░▀░░▄▀▄░░░▀░░░▄░░█
█▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░█
░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

#109 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

Seriously, why isn't Dumb Nuck banned? The most obvious troll I've ever seen.

- Gaunce looked good again. I think he has the best shot of making our opening day roster out of all of our rookies at this point. He is not slow; he is a smart player and he observes constantly so he can gauge where he needs to be. Just because it doesn't look like he's giving 100% every single moment doesn't mean he isn't. His goals are evidence of his awareness and hockey IQ.

- Shinkaruk also looked very good. The kid might not be the biggest but he clearly gives everything his all and is willing to do anything to win.

Nothing to worry about after this game. This was most of these players first game. Couple this with exhaustion from practice and a new system and a poor start was to be expected.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#110 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

Alright replied to this exact comment by you in the GDT. I'll just copy it here.

Smyth-Hall-Hemsky
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle
Joensuu-Gordon-Pitlick
Eager-Acton-Brown

Ference-Schultz
Nurse-Schultz
Marcinin-Hunt

Gordon signed to be their 3 C and Acton has the inside track of being the 4 C. Eakins loved this guy on the Marlies and everyone has been giving him rave reviews. They are missing 2 players from their top 9,Yakupov and RNH while the Canucks were missing Kesler, Burrows, Booth and Higgins from there's. Seems to me the Oilers had roughly 75% of their opening night forwards iced tonight.

There was a difference in roster. You comparing the D alone does not make your argument valid.

The Oilers were missing their top 2 centers in RNH and Gagner. Plus Yakupov. So half their top 6 was missing. Plus Jones and Lander.

...I'll add that while the Oilers as a team have played 4 games, it was game 2 for basically every player on the team. It's not like they play every game.

The Canucks have a better team. They will be higher in the standings at the end of the season...but the Oilers were the better team tonight. They didn't have a significant advantage. The biggest difference was that Dubnyk was better than Luongo tonight.

Edited by Greene02, 19 September 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#111 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,022 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

didnt bother watching most of this. only the first gm for most of the guys.

not worried. lui sucked, and sedins didnt score. i'm sure they will get it going by season opener

the only real bad thing is the injuries.
Posted Image

#112 Drakrami

Drakrami

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

He said that he will help the team? When did he state the he is the next Roy or Brodeur?

1) You're putting words in peoples mouths
2) You can't read
3) You're the reason other fans, players, and teams hate us so much.

Actually if the OP says that we should play Eriksson over Luongo, it implies that Eriksson is better than Luongo which does mean someone of Roy and Brodeur level.

Who cares... it's 1 pre-season game. And it hardly matters. Luongo has been with us for like what... 6, 7 years? We know his performance level and we also know that he tends to have some horrible games where he lets in 3 goals in 10 minutes. And then the team's morale just plummets and we go on to lose the game. Hopefully Torts will have a say in this.

#113 In the Slot

In the Slot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

I hope you're joking about the lateral movement part...

This is just you bashing him by all costs now.

dude he isn't very good laterally lol...look I am not jumping on Lou like this guy for one preseason game but lets be honest here vs being a blind fan boy. Lou does have holes in his game.

1. Lets in leakers pretty regularly
2. Glove hand is shaky
3. Post to post lateral movement is not very good, this is why you often see him making desperation saves because he is behind the play / out of position
4. Spotty rebound control.

Now is he a good goalie, yes.Is he a great goalie, not because of his weaknesses above. Call a spade a spade.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can't win an argument, correct the grammar instead"
- Internet Troll Handbook Chapter 1 pg 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Especially if the Kassian's are 6'3'' mountain men with missing teeth and cool tattoos and the Hodgson's are short legged weirdos with politician parents" - Hansen36

#114 In the Slot

In the Slot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Really liked Shinkaruk's offensive instinct. Those saucers he threw to Hansen were tape to tape and I thought they showed a bit of chemistry there.

Horvat and Jensen were pretty useless..

Gaunce has a legit shot at 3rd/4th line duties this year. If not, Santorelli and Richardson are not bad options

Alot of players seem to show chemistry with Hansen hey? Sounds like it might be alot of him! Higgy, Schroeder, Roy, Shink, etc etc....

I think talented players like playing with a guy who is a good skater and can get to spots, it makes the game easier for them skating wise, and opens up room... (so says a guy who played very competitively and his best days were with a small guy who worked like a honey badger - opens up a TON of room)
"If you can't win an argument, correct the grammar instead"
- Internet Troll Handbook Chapter 1 pg 23

"Especially if the Kassian's are 6'3'' mountain men with missing teeth and cool tattoos and the Hodgson's are short legged weirdos with politician parents" - Hansen36

#115 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

an oilers team that's playing their 4th preseason game vs a canucks team that majority of their lineup is having their first real game action since last april? and a lineup full of young player and rookies and we are bitching about we lost a preseason game? when was the last time the canucks did well in preseason?? oh last i checked we made the playoff despite losing a tons of games in the preseason the past couple of years.

The Coil are always the preseason cup winners.

#116 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

not in the mood for another sloooooowww start by Lou, like Nov/Dec again...go to hawaii for a few weeks if that's the case.come back rested and ready to go (because its a long season.) give the new guys a good long look.

#117 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

You've never seen the guy play (except prospect game) and now he's the next Roy or Brodeur. OMG get real man, this isn't X-Box, it's real life and if you really think that :

1) your dumb
2) you know nothing about hockey
3) your the reason other fans, players, teams hates us so much.

Fans hate on Canuck fans largely because they act a lot like you are acting .. spoting judemental, intolerant holier-than-thou invective drivel .. are all three accusations true of you as well? .. apple = tree

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#118 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

The biggest positive I seen in last nights game was kassians play without the puck. Last year he looked lost but last night he was all over the place making pretty good defensive plays. Something he is going to have to be able to do if he wants top line duty... That was my biggest fear taking burr off that line but it didn't seem to hurt us. Mad a couple great passes as well.

And gaunce is looking outstanding. Not sure if I want to keep him though. I'm thinking if he came in this year looking this good, imagine how good he'll look with another year of carrying his team and a gold medal around his neck. I think he's ready to step in now if we needed him to but if Schroeder is looking solid too there's no need to rush.

Another positive was the twins penalty killing. Getting the puck out fairly easily and creating short handed chances.

Lu will bounce back like he always does. Not worried about him.

Edit: if gaunce keeps filling the net then obviously keep him haha

Edited by thad, 19 September 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#119 mrhopeless

mrhopeless

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Let's see; nothing matters because it's pre-season... but yet various players get accolades for their play. Why does good play matter if bad play doesn't matter?
- We'll see another story should this team manage to win a pre-season game. Then it will mean the Canucks are sure to win the cup.

#120 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

typical McSoftie outing by Lugongo...too bad he can't seem to come out hungry...
Andersson was impressive , especially with the early injuries..
Richardson is a great signing , very good face-off guy..
D.Sedin seemed to have jump..
Santorelli is another great off-season p/u..
Guance i'm torn about , on one hand the kid can play but on this team 4th line minutes are not enough at this stage in development
, if Hunter , Bo , and Brendan are on the radar for WJC team then all should go back to junior..

tsn website shows it best with Lu sitting on his ass looking the other way...and eberle tucking in the puck on the other side of the net!!! yet the idiot Botchford writes an artical saying Lugongo had no chance on that goal....

Edited by onesmallleap, 19 September 2013 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.