The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Reviewing Weise's Hit / Kassian's High Stick

Drouin

Ok so I was reviewing the video....and I tried to take screenshots how it happened. I'm not trying to appear bias to any of you or anything, i'm just calling it how I see it.

Weise leading with the shoulder

GxL8xsT.png

xa4HZ8b.png

Here's where it gets interesting....this the closest I could pause to prior to actual contact. As you can see, his arm is down and it seems like it's his shoulder that makes contact with his head. Not an elbow.

1mgv.png

The follow through resulted in this, where Weise had his elbow up, but that was after contact was made:

uXIyrRC.png

From another angle:

h66n.png

After contact was made, Weise's elbow seems fairly parallel to his body (almost like a shrug):

SYOxojh.png

It's a fast game, things happen in split seconds. I can understand how people can see how people think Weise led with his elbow, but I personally think it was just his follow through.

Watch the Gif at the top of the thread it is pretty clear that he does lunge upwards towards Hall's head with his elbow or shoulder and IMO that is the offence. I agree he doesn't hit him but he intended to and that is what should be looked at when assesing these types of plays

I think Kassian's body language will help him get off easy. You can tell he didn't have his balance so his arm flail wasn't intentional.

I like the screenshots from the Weise hit. He didn't lift his elbow but still made contact with the head. Maybe a fine for not being more careful.

O please, it's a well known fact that a large portion of season ticket holders are too rich to care about the Canucks; so telling me you fork out 30k a year for watching hockey games does not convince any of us that you're not an oilers sympathizer. We have seen this type of thing before on these forums.

Clearly Weise did not elbow the weasel from emonton, was a shoulder hit by a career honorable tough guy. You can argue Weise is not the best player, that's for another discussion, but for you to attack his character like this by accusing him of this so called dirty hit exposes who you cheer for. FACT

The screens posted make it look like an elbow to me, and the replays live looked like one too. The CBC cast all agreed on it right when it happened, and I agree with them, it looks like an elbow to the head. now i'll admit, the view point is pretty terrible, but still, looks like an elbow to me.

O please, it's a well known fact that a large portion of season ticket holders are too rich to care about the Canucks; so telling me you fork out 30k a year for watching hockey games does not convince any of us that you're not an oilers sympathizer. We have seen this type of thing before on these forums.

Clearly Weise did not elbow the weasel from emonton, was a shoulder hit by a career honorable tough guy. You can argue Weise is not the best player, that's for another discussion, but for you to attack his character like this by accusing him of this so called dirty hit exposes who you cheer for. FACT

The screens posted make it look like an elbow to me, and the replies live looked like one too. The CBC cast all agreed on it right when it happened, and I agree with them, it looks like an elbow to the head. now i'll admit, the view point is pretty terrible, but still, looks like an elbow to me.

If Kassian gets suspended it'll be for the outcome, not the actual high stick, which is unfortunate.

Weise's could probably be suspension worthy. It looks like intent to injure.

Archived