The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Reviewing Weise's Hit / Kassian's High Stick

Drouin

after the crazyiness tonight in the leafs game i sure hope they rescind clarksons 10game and dont suspend kessel for his golfswing.

Would be pretty hilarious to see kass get suspended for an accidental one handed swing to gagner but kessel get nothing for his deliberate golfswing to scott (even if scott started it doesnt give kessel the right to take a 2handed swing at him and then spear him).

and of course we all remember keiths 1handed slash to carter, 1 game for a repeat offender but kassian gets an in-person hearing?

after the crazyiness tonight in the leafs game i sure hope they rescind clarksons 10game and dont suspend kessel for his golfswing.

Would be pretty hilarious to see kass get suspended for an accidental one handed swing to gagner but kessel get nothing for his deliberate golfswing to scott (even if scott started it doesnt give kessel the right to take a 2handed swing at him and then spear him).

and of course we all remember keiths 1handed slash to carter, 1 game for a repeat offender but kassian gets an in-person hearing?

Yup. I don't get how people can say there was no intent on Kassians part. Don't know how many times I've seen player miss a check along the boards because the other guy held up, but there was absolutely no reason for Kassian to swing his stick around like that. Now I don't think he intended to hit him in the face but it still doesn't excuse swinging his stick. His is the worse incident of the two.

I don't get why the Weise hit is even getting looked at when the same thing happened to Alberts in the SJ game and there wasn't even a penalty (I obviously do get why, due to it being Taylor Hall being hit...). The league is a joke. If there's anything this preseason has shown me is that we're in for another year of terrible if not biased officiating.

For those of you wondering, the reason why Kessel won't get similar time (if any) is because his reckless play didn't cause an injury and he was being attacked by a much larger (and dumber) player. Not condoning what he did, but it isn't even in the same universe as what Kassian did to Gagner.

Just watched the replay again - Kassian missed the check, but because he was twisting, lost balance and his stick swung around (momentum). Careless yes. Intentional. No way. It's not like he two handed it across his head. LOL at those calling Kassian a dirty player and wanting a 20 game suspension.

I've watched it several times lemon and the only part of his head that he made any contact with was the visor, if Weise had wanted to take his head off he would have you can play that GIF all you want it's not going to change the simple fact the Weise held up on what could have been a Devastating hit in order to avoid hurting Hall(and yes what could have been a long suspetion)! When I played hockey that would've gotten you benched for not completing the check(even if you new it was wrong)!

As for Kassian yup bone head move slap on the wrist maybe a fine but not worth two games! Now the league will obviously have their own opinions about these however these are mine!

Just watched the replay again - Kassian missed the check, but because he was twisting, lost balance and his stick swung around (momentum). Careless yes. Intentional. No way. It's not like he two handed it across his head. LOL at those calling Kassian a dirty player and wanting a 20 game suspension.

I'm getting really sick of people making stupid excuses like this. I don't care if Kessel didn't hurt anyone. He INTENTIONALLY used his stick as a weapon. Kassian's was UNintentional. The league will further prove what a joke it is if they let Kessel of the hook here. Hate to break it to you, but yeah, it IS in the same universe.

I don't care if you're sick of it or not, has nothing to do with me. I am not a fan of the NHL strictly punishing results over intent but that doesn't mean that it won't happen. If you had asked instead of throwing a hissy fit over your assumption about me, I would have told you so.

I recall the Eager charge during one of his only games last year, no review. Halls knee on Clutterbuck and that other kid, no review.

Hall admiring his stickwork, possible suspension to Weise(even after he admitted he should have been looking)

Kassian's wild stick, possible suspension.

Might be credence to the league being a little shady after all if any time is dished out.

Archived