The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs sign Mason Raymond

Interested to see what Randy does when Kulemin and Clarkson come back.

I think Gardiner + a forward will be packaged for a D man some time this year, Bodie - Bolland - Raymond has looked great.

Great start for Ray. He has the talent to create a lot. If he has a 40 - 50 point season it should raise questions why he couldn't do that on Van's 2nd line. How he was coached? Line mates? It was maybe time for him to move on but I regret not getting anything back.

Great start for Ray. He has the talent to create a lot. If he has a 40 - 50 point season it should raise questions why he couldn't do that on Van's 2nd line. How he was coached? Line mates? It was maybe time for him to move on but I regret not getting anything back.

Maybe it's because he is playing in the East where for a player like him is a lot easier to play then the West

OK, I was a bit of an idiot with my comment.........I definitely should have added Kesler before saying MayRay would outscore everyone.

I'm a bit of a jac# as# but I'm a lot closer to reality than most people in here.

Garrison is tied with him right now maybe you should add his name too

OK, I was a bit of an idiot with my comment.........I definitely should have added Kesler before saying MayRay would outscore everyone.

I'm a bit of a jac# as# but I'm a lot closer to reality than most people in here.

Perhaps, but only because there are a lot of people who make completely irrational statements based on emotion on here. Usually, they're at least overly positive, but you're overly negative.

• Along with the Sedins, Hansen, Burrows and Hamhuis had more points than Raymond last year, and he was tied with Edler.
  • The year prior, he was 13th in overall points but did have less games, although he was 14th in p/g so that doesn't help your argument. Booth and Hodgson had more points in a similar amount of games.
  • One more year back, and Raymond was behind Burrows, Ehrhoff and Samuelsson with similar games played, and Edler was close behind with much less games played.

So, considering Raymond isn't going to get more offensive minutes in Toronto than he did here, and he might even get less on Clarkson's return, you aren't even close even with adding Kesler in.

EDIT: I should clarify I'm not slagging Raymond, I think he's a decent player on a very good contract. He'd run his course here (I often described him as a known quantity and we might have better luck going with someone else for our top 6) and now that we have some younger players really challenging for spots I'm ok with going a different direction.

Still you people miss the fact that he went to Toronto as a last resort? Every team passed on him during the summer.

Yeah, thats what you keep saying.

They were all wrong, just like the monkey diapers who think he's a perimeter player who falls down all the time.

Gillis should have just offered him a slightly reduced salary for a short term. Low risk, huge reward. But MG was never one to waste an opportunity to miss out on a great opportunity.

Archived