The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs sign Mason Raymond

Very true.

I don't agree.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Sesttio, we need what he brings in the playoffs more than Raymond right now.

We've seen what having a team full of soft skilled players in the playoffs gets us.

I think the Raymond experiment should have come to an end two years ago. We gave that guy many second chances.

Very true.

Can't say that cause Raymond sucked in Vancouver alongside good players like Burrows, Kesler, Higgins...heck he even failed to produce with the Sedins.

People jumping the gun here but it's only preseason...let's see hoe he performs in the regular season and even if he does well then, he'll demand $3+ next year cause we all know he does well during contacts years...and that comparisons to Sestito is garbage; Sestito is an enforcer, Raymond is a twig.

I'm surprised they signed him this early, particularly before hearing about any fallout that might result from last night's game. I guess at $1M it won't be that great an impact, but they'll be tight to the cap if they need replacement players brought up once the season begins and it certainly doesn't bode well for them re-signing Franson.

I don't agree.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Sesttio, we need what he brings in the playoffs more than Raymond right now.

We've seen what having a team full of soft skilled players in the playoffs gets us.

I think the Raymond experiment should have come to an end two years ago. We gave that guy many second chances.

I'd be tempted to agree somewhat if you hadn't mentioned playoffs. Raymond certainly hasn't been the best playoff performer but Sestito hasn't either. There's less likely to be a need for his role on the team as well once playoffs start, where he could add benefit to the team in the regular season against the teams in the Pacific that are getting bigger.

Archived