The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs sign Mason Raymond

Very good deal for the Leafs at that price.

I'm not too concerned about him signing cheap as IMO the Canucks were not going to get him at that price. He wanted a legitimate contract with us or another team, when he didn't get anything he accepted his fate and took whatever he could get (PTO). Canucks had 60+ players coming to their camp, and specifically wanted to give their prospects extra opportunity, I completely understand why he didn't ask the Canucks to join their camp and went to TO instead.

Good deal for Toronto. As much as Canucks fans and CDC hates MayRay, he is a good hockey player and you could tell he was closer to being the 40+ point Mason Raymond last year.

He'll do well in TO, and sadly, will be their best possession player, which should tell you all you need to know about TO's chances at making the playoffs in an 82 game season.

LOL!!!! Haha loving this news. Leaves are among the biggest jokes in professional sports and it feels soooo good seeing them signing our unwanted scraps. Adios Mason, break a leg! LOL!!!!!!!!

$1 million for Raymond is a solid deal, he'll play on the third line with Bolland and Kumelin and they'll form an effective shotdown line that has the ability to add some offense. I know Raymond isn't a star, but he can be more than he was in Vancouver if used properly.

LOL!!!! Haha loving this news. Leaves are among the biggest jokes in professional sports and it feels soooo good seeing them signing our unwanted scraps. Adios Mason, break a leg! LOL!!!!!!!!

what a moron. 1 million for a player like raymond is a steal. People seem to forget that he was also a 2 way forward in our system before he score his 25 goal season.

Was my favourite player, was hoping he would sign with a younger team (Ottawa, New Jersey)

But best of luck anyways!

do you watch Toronto or New Jersey? New Jersey isn't that young. A few young players that's it.

Toronto had one of the, if not the youngest team

Archived