The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs sign Mason Raymond

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but one of the factors for Raymond going to Toronto, is because his best friend(I think) Joe Colbourne also plays for the Leafs.

He'll fit well in the Leafs organization, where there's plenty of speed on that lineup, reminds me of the 06-07 Buffalo Sabres, where there's so much speed throughout the lineup, that everyone had their numbers inflated a bit.

‏@FAN590Walker

Mason Raymond has signed a contract with #Leafs

@reporterchris

Mason Raymond has signed a one-year deal with the #leafs, per agent J.P. Barry.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

As reported elsewhere, one year, $1 M for Mason Raymond with Leafs. Good deal for the Leafs

youll-want-a-slow-loris-as-a-pet-after-you-watch-this-adorable-video.jpg

Couldn't be happier for the guy. That injury he suffered in the finals could have ended his career. He was never really the same after that and got sooooo much flack from fans and the media. Great guy too.

Great to see him landing in T.O., possibly the best Canadian team in the NHL now.

Was just going to say this. Even if it is for league minimum, one can capably assume that offering Franson say $2 million on a one year contract to play here at home same city as his brother, possibly still the same organization if Cain is still in the running. As opposed to either not playing or playing in Europe.

Again, Gillis will just trade the 2nd round pick anyways

As for Raymond, sorry you couldn't stick, I always thought you'd be better suited in the east anyways. best of luck to you.

Franson will not be playing in Europe, he is too good not to be in the NHL. $2m for Franson would be a bargin in today's NHL.

Couldn't be happier for the guy. That injury he suffered in the finals could have ended his career. He was never really the same after that and got sooooo much flack from fans and the media. Great guy too.

Great to see him landing in T.O., possibly the best Canadian team in the NHL now.

Raoul, Your hockey smarts restricts you to living in TO and no where else. I have no idea how you escaped in the first place. Surely you left sign when you cut the wire.

Alright now that he has officially signed with another team it's time for his 30 goal season, and tbh I wouldn't be that surprised is MayRay actually gets a 30 goal season.

I could see the 20 range, he is skilled and like any player in the right position could excel. I suppose I am one of the minority who thought he was good in Vancouver and it's too bad to see him gone, but better for his career.

Mason Raymond has 4 goals in 48 playoffs games

Raymond has 8 in 55 -18pts

Hansen has 5 in 58- 14 pts

Higgy has 10 in 56 -19 pts

Two of these guys are considered playoff performers around here, the other is the anti-christ. That anti-christ is the only 1 of them that has scored more than zero points in the last 2 years playoffs.

I am getting so sick and tired of the continuous praising and lovefest for the leaves from you. It's getting to the point that it's nearly every post now. We get it, you love the leaves. Don't they have a forum yet for their fans? Just :picard:

I can't stand the leafs. Please find a post where I praised the leafs. I was responding to your post about a hockey player ( any player) breaking a leg. That is an expression used in acting, not hockey. Nice try though.

Archived