The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs sign Mason Raymond

MayRay is playing some damn good hockey (not surprised in the least).

I have to laugh at Jay Feaster's comment regarding Raymond:

"We don't need a Mason Raymond type player..."

LOL. If he's good enough for Toronto's second line, he's good enough for the Flames.

Lupul Bolland and Raymond are the Leafs best line tonight.

Its only been a few games, give it some time, he's very streaky. In a month everyone will be saying how much he sucks. He was very streaky and inconsistent in Vancouver and he will be the same in TO.

I always wondered why we gave Shredder another year but not MayRay. I think he's a better fit in Toronto but another year to see how he does under Torts would've been interesting. Wish him the best, he had some good years here, gonna miss yelling at my tv for him to stay on his skates.

One is 23 who needs a chance to show what he has to offer ... The other is 28 and we already know what he has to offer ...

Here's my bold prediction: By season's end, Raymond (a third liner in TO) has more points than anyone on the Canucks not named Sedin.

What a dumbass...nooo, unless everyone on the top two lines have added Sedin as their middle name, and lol its not like I even expect us to have a good season.

Raymond hasn't just been putting up points so far, he's been very noticeable in games and has so far won 2 of them pretty much by himself. Game winner the first time, game winner in the shootout tonight. He is finally getting more responsibility and is shining.

Clearly wasn't a fit with the Canucks style of play and definately wouldn't have worked with Tortorella so it's not as if Vancouver's missing out on him. Meanwhile, MG went and found 2 players who fit Tortorella's mould perfectly - Santorelli and Richardson, and they are playing Torts hockey perfectly.

Come playoff time, guys like Richardson and Santorelli playing under Tortorella's grinding, fast forecheck system will have much more success than Raymond and Carlyle's run and gun offence. This is the biggest thing MG has learned over the last 3 seasons and is subtely the biggest improvement a GM can make to his team.

What a dumbass...nooo, unless everyone on the top two lines have added Sedin as their middle name, and lol its not like I even expect us to have a good season.

So after 3 games, Raymond has more points than anyone on the Canucks including the Sedins ! Am I really a dumbass?

Also, he's almost half way to the total points Kassian will get all year !

Good for mayray, Raymond just didn't click in Vancouver. He needs an offensive rush team, which is exactly what the leafs are.

Two complete different team visions now he is playing for a team where he can succeed, good for him.

EXACTLY. Why does no one understand this?

So after 3 games, Raymond has more points than anyone on the Canucks including the Sedins ! Am I really a dumbass?

Also, he's almost half way to the total points Kassian will get all year !

The fact you are comparing the Sedins to MayRay makes you a dumbass.

Raymond did the exact same thing last year. He came out of the gate hot and then went 20 games without a goal. Canucks need playoff warriors not soft perimeter players. Though for $1mil he would have been good insurance...

Archived