The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013-14 Prospect Points Tracker

Do you have a source that Calgary even offered their 6th?

And just because one player makes the NHL before the other doesn't mean they're better. Wait and see how Horvat does in the NHL before you start jumping to conclusions.

Pretty sure he is confusing Calgary with Edmonton for teams making offers on Schneider.

But i do agree with him, at this point in their careers, I do think Monahan is better than Horvat. I watched a lot of Monahan in the OHL and Horvat was a bit of a late bloomer last year. I think by the end of their careers, they will be pretty close statistically though.

Pretty sure he is confusing Calgary with Edmonton for teams making offers on Schneider.

But i do agree with him, at this point in their careers, I do think Monahan is better than Horvat. I watched a lot of Monahan in the OHL and Horvat was a bit of a late bloomer last year. I think by the end of their careers, they will be pretty close statistically though.

go back and listen to team 1040 podcasts they discuss calgary being in the mix for schneider and they discuss that they heard Edmonton and Calgary were shocked that gillis traded schneids for the 9th pick when they felt their pckages were "better"

I'm adding player positions to the table for the next update - quick question, would people prefer keeping the players in alphabetical order or putting them in order of point production, as avelanch suggested? If they were put in order of points, I'd do it for the Utica table and the major junior table, as those have the most players in them.

how good is Monahan Looking right now!

Gillis "Horvat was our number 3 ranked center in the draft behind Mackinon and Barkov"

pffffffff

Whats so hard to believe about that and when did he even say that?

Blake Wheeler wasn't even ranked in the top 30 in the 04' Draft and he went 5th overall.

If you didn't know, teams rank players by their own evaluations, they don't follow scouting services to a T.

I'm adding player positions to the table for the next update - quick question, would people prefer keeping the players in alphabetical order or putting them in order of point production, as avelanch suggested? If they were put in order of points, I'd do it for the Utica table and the major junior table, as those have the most players in them.

I think that makes the most sense - most of the guys there will be in Utica anyway. Thanks for doing this, once again.

how good is Monahan Looking right now!

Gillis "Horvat was our number 3 ranked center in the draft behind Mackinon and Barkov"

pffffffff

how good would Horvat look in our lineup, plus Calgary was offering more than just their first...

and don't give me that crap about an interdivision trade- take away monohan and calgary does not have much to rebuild around- Baertschi is not a franchise player...

Quit speaking out of the blue, Calgary was in speculation of trading the 6th overall to Vancouver but decided their Center depth was way too shallow so the best pick at number 6 was Monahan. Comparing the two is pretty redundant imo because Monahan was playing on a very bad junior team which he carried versus Horvat who had to excel with the numerous talented players in the London Knights system. Monahan at the time was BETTER pick for Calgary rather then trading it.

As well to reply back at your speculation that Calgary dangled the 6th in the first place is just YOUR pure speculation that Calgary even dangled it. If i remember correctly the ONLY team that even offered was EDM offering the 7th pick + a Prospect + Roster player. I heard NO such thing as Calgary in speculation for Schneider even in consideration for the 6th overall pick.

Quit speaking out of the blue, Calgary was in speculation of trading the 6th overall to Vancouver but decided their Center depth was way too shallow so the best pick at number 6 was Monahan. Comparing the two is pretty redundant imo because Monahan was playing on a very bad junior team which he carried versus Horvat who had to excel with the numerous talented players in the London Knights system. Monahan at the time was BETTER pick for Calgary rather then trading it.

As well to reply back at your speculation that Calgary dangled the 6th in the first place is just YOUR pure speculation that Calgary even dangled it. If i remember correctly the ONLY team that even offered was EDM offering the 7th pick + a Prospect + Roster player. I heard NO such thing as Calgary in speculation for Schneider even in consideration for the 6th overall pick.

go through the old team 1040 podcasts from last weekof June 2013 you will find it there

Whats so hard to believe about that and when did he even say that?

Blake Wheeler wasn't even ranked in the top 30 in the 04' Draft and he went 5th overall.

If you didn't know, teams rank players by their own evaluations, they don't follow scouting services to a T.

gillis said it himself on tv and radio after the trade, you tube it

With EDM, the report was that Vancouver asked for 7th pick + prospect + more. No one reported what Edmonton actually offered.

With EDM, the report was that Vancouver asked for 7th pick + prospect + more. No one reported what Edmonton actually offered.

The 7th was and the prospect but it wasnt Klefbom it was MPS I think or something along those lines.

Canucks needed a center and so drafting 9th was the same as 7th so it was far better to ship him out of the conference.

Hey guys had some time to spare this weekend, here are some updates on a few of our prospects that are playing well, and Jensen. sorry for no list mode but the editing page for some reason does not work for my computer. without further adue, as of NOV.3/13: Cole Cassels GP-16-G7-A13-PTS20. Brendan Gaunce GP15-G8-A10-PTS-18. Anton Rodin GP18-G4-A12-PTS16. Bo Horvat GP-12G6-A8-PTS14. Ronalds Kenins GP17-G5-A8-PTS13 (+8). Jordan Subban GP16-G1-A10-PTS11. Hunter Shinkaruk GP7-G4-A6-PTS10 Anton Cederholm GP17-G1-A7-PTS8 (+13). Alexander Grenier GP8-G1-A5-PTS6. Nicklas Jensen GP2-G0-A1-PTS1. Impressed with Cassels and Grenier as they were later picks that are preforming quite well. Good job Scouting. Cheers.

Yeah, I think Price needed to be signed by Aug 15, or thereabouts. Similar to the Bill Sweat scenario with Toronto.

Or at least that was the case under the old CBA. I could have that date wrong though, it`s mid summer, I`m pretty sure.

He's playing for South Carolina Stingrays in the ECHL (Boston affiliate). He had failed try-outs with the AHL affiliates of two other NHL organizations - Minnesota and Montreal.

What did we sign up for with McEneny? This is his overager year, he should be dominant.

Good to see some C depth coming up, in Gaunce, Cassels, and Horvat. Could really use another C up with the club right now.

The Rangers just aren't as good this year. Last year was the year they went for it, getting Leivo and Corrado, and they fell short.

Losing guys like Murphy, Gibson, and Puempel hurt big time. Murphy especially for a guy like McEneny because he was his partner on the powerplay, where McEneny got most of his points.

All you have to do is look at the dip in points of their top stars Faksa and Bailey to see that they're just not a high scoring team anymore. Last in the league with the lowest goals for by quite a bit.

I've organized the Comets table by points rather than alphabetical order; if you guys prefer alphabetical I can change it back though. Update:

I prefer the ABC order since I look for names first to see how they're doing, but I can see how some might like to look for the top producers first.

well, looks like we gotta start drafting goalies again...

I'm not too worried about that to be honest.

Gradin can find us another gem like Lack that we can sign as a free agent. and I think it's way too soon to give up on a guy like Eriksson. He has to adjust alot in his first season, and he doesn't have the benefit of having a veteran team in front of him like Lack did.

I'm not too worried about that to be honest.

Gradin can find us another gem like Lack that we can sign as a free agent. and I think it's way too soon to give up on a guy like Eriksson. He has to adjust alot in his first season, and he doesn't have the benefit of having a veteran team in front of him like Lack did.

it was more a commentary on the fact that we only have 2 in the system, than them sucking horribly this season.

Archived