The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013-14 Prospect Points Tracker

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Shinkaruk's stats are looking more and more like he's turning out to be a bust.... Hopefully this is just an issue with his hip not being fully healed....

Really? Based on what?

People put way too much stock into junior numbers. Hunter has already dominated the WHL his previous two seasons. It's common for players point totals to dip in their last season of junior as older players move on and they lose linemates.

Maybe you should actually watch him play instead of looking at a stat line and calling him a bust.

Really? Based on what?

People put way too much stock into junior numbers. Hunter has already dominated the WHL his previous two seasons. It's common for players point totals to dip in their last season of junior as older players move on and they lose linemates.

Maybe you should actually watch him play instead of looking at a stat line and calling him a bust.

Admittedly I've only watched the game against the giants. But, I'm glad you are able to watch all of our prospects games and shoot down other peoples opinions, you must feel special. he is on pace for a decline in points for the second straight year. Who exactly did hunter lose this year for line mates? Like I said, hopefully it's his hip, I would like nothing more than him not to be a bust but an offensive player like shinkaruk shouldn't be struggling to put up the points. Bo for instance has gone from ppg to 1.5 ppg in the same time period. But hey, let's just ignore junior numbers cus some guy on CDC says they are not an indicator of progress or decline.

But hey, let's just ignore junior numbers cus some guy on CDC says they are not an indicator of progress or decline.

Yea, but lets just call him a bust cause some guy on CDC says they are...

If you've only watched him play once, then yes my opinion of him does hold more credibility than yours.

And he's on decline for the second straight year. Why because he dipped a grand total of 5 points in 2 less games two seasons ago. :lol: Way to over-analyze stats there.

Admittedly I've only watched the game against the giants. But, I'm glad you are able to watch all of our prospects games and shoot down other peoples opinions, you must feel special. he is on pace for a decline in points for the second straight year. Who exactly did hunter lose this year for line mates? Like I said, hopefully it's his hip, I would like nothing more than him not to be a bust but an offensive player like shinkaruk shouldn't be struggling to put up the points. Bo for instance has gone from ppg to 1.5 ppg in the same time period. But hey, let's just ignore junior numbers cus some guy on CDC says they are not an indicator of progress or decline.

Sure, compare Shinkaruk's numbers to his past years, but don't compare them to Horvat's. Horvat is on a totally stacked London team in the high scoring OHL. Shinkaruk is on a pretty good Medicine Hat team in the defensively oriented WHL. Two totally separate leagues.

Yea, but lets just call him a bust cause some guy on CDC says they are...

If you've only watched him play once, then yes my opinion of him does hold more credibility than yours.

And he's on decline for the second straight year. Why because he dipped a grand total of 5 points in 2 less games two seasons ago. :lol: Way to over-analyze stats there.

If you read my post I never call him a bust, I say his numbers suggest that hes becoming one, unfortunately.

A decline of 5 points is still not an increase in production which is what I would like to see from a player with such offensive talent. Whats he on pace for this year?

As for analyzing stats, you do realize you are in a point tracking thread, right?

Sure, compare Shinkaruk's numbers to his past years, but don't compare them to Horvat's. Horvat is on a totally stacked London team in the high scoring OHL. Shinkaruk is on a pretty good Medicine Hat team in the defensively oriented WHL. Two totally separate leagues.

Did i compare the actual numbers to horvats? No, if you used your brain you would understand i was comparing the direction of their numbers. But thanks for your valuable input.

If you read my post I never call him a bust, I say his numbers suggest that hes becoming one, unfortunately.

A decline of 5 points is still not an increase in production which is what I would like to see from a player with such offensive talent. Whats he on pace for this year?

As for analyzing stats, you do realize you are in a point tracking thread, right?

his numbers in the last two seasons suggest 2 very strong years. one with help on his line, one without. im going to default to his coaches on this when they have nothing but good things to say about how he's developed. looking at numbers alone doesnt always work. thats how late-bloomers get selected, and those don't tend to work out that well.

Looking at the 2011 draft, our "prospect" 3rd round forward, 5th round defenseman, and 7th round defenseman are all outscoring our first round scoring forward.

I would love to see that draft produce three NHL players, even if Jensen doesn't make it.

I think Corrado is a lock and Grenier has about a 70% chance. Tommernes is adjusting to the pro game and is second amongst Dmen in Utica as a rookie, Blomstrand has the tools to be a utility forward on the fourth line, and of course I haven't wrote of Jensen yet. Labate is a bit of a long shot, but that draft has potential to produce 5 NHL players and will likely produce at least 3. Not bad.

Archived