The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) Kyle Beach on Waivers

RAMBUTANS

Ok so right now we have 51 contracts that count toward the contract limit of 50. However if we were to assign players to the CHL (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) they do not count towards the 50 contract limit.

Right now we have eligible for CHL, and under contract...Brendan Gaunce, Hunter Shinkaruk, Bo Horvat and Evan McEneny.

McEneny is down so I think we're at 50/50 now.

If we send 1 of Horvat/Gaunce/Shink down, we're at 49/50.

2 down - 48/50.

All 3 down - 47/50.

(This is from my understanding)

Sources:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=430807

^most relevant one when I googled, welp

http://www.capgeek.com/canucks/reserve-list/

Bringing him within our organization, whether here or Utica may motivate him. Hometown team, might make him strive to be closer to home, with his family. If it works out good, if it doesn't then it doesn't.

Still we're tight on contract limit, so I'm not too sure now, especially if Shink and Gaunce make the team.

"The Beach problem would be a whole lot worse than the Cody problem."

- there never was a "Cody problem" - the only problem child was a guy named Gillis. (Why fans still believe the b.s. MG has handed out about this episode is beyond me.) GMs have to handle player demands (etc.) on a daily basis... most of them don't have temper tantrums about it and throw out valuable assets for spare change.

"The Beach problem would be a whole lot worse than the Cody problem."

- there never was a "Cody problem" - the only problem child was a guy named Gillis. (Why fans still believe the b.s. MG has handed out about this episode is beyond me.) GMs have to handle player demands (etc.) on a daily basis... most of them don't have temper tantrums about it and throw out valuable assets for spare change.

Archived