The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 6-1 Coyotes

Drouin

Finally some scoring!

Ok first things first:

Good bounce back game for Luongo. He made some key saves at 2-1 and the team rewarded him after that.

The team also played well in front of him which helps his cause no doubt

So we scored 6 goals and only 1 point was earned by a Sedin - Hank assisted the 6-1 goal.

That's either a good thing because it means we'll have a more balanced attack, or it's not a good thing because it means the Sedins are becoming less and less productive every season. Guess we'll find out.

Burrows and Kesler have been a bit quiet

Really like Santorreli, Horvat, and Shinkaruk today. It's a good sign that the more they play, the better they're playing. Love the innovative plays the young players are making.

Yannick Weber has a great shot from the point. He's a definite upgrade over Alberts.

Love that the Canucks are shooting more. So much can be generated from point shots. I also hope that Torts works with the Sedins a bit. The cutesy plays they try to make are not working anymore. They need to keep it simple and just get pucks on the net.

Interesting point: in the post game interview, Tortorella commented that he likes when the D's gamble to keep pucks in the O zone even if it means they give up some ice and some chances. That's a total flip from AV who only wanted D's pinching if they were 100% sure they were going to win the race for the puck. I like that Torts is a bit more aggressive.

Nice that our full lineup can have a good result. It'll help the players buy into the system that Torts is preaching.

Ok guys I know we won, its Awesome.

But we need to start thinking ahead, I know Stestio Scored, but he was still slow as heck and messed up with the puck a lot.

On a happier note:

- Sedins were good on the PK

- Santorelli has really proven he's earned a spot on this Team

- Weber is getting better every game and will hopefully be on opening night.

- Hansen looked good B)

- Our Power play was good

- Edler looked better than last year

- Torts forecheck system worked

- Luongo Bounced back

- We blocked quiet alot of shots.

If we can play like this Tomorrow in San Jose, I'll be a very happy person.

LOLLOOOLLOL

I love how when we lose it's on the front page of TSN with the big picture of the other team scoring. Now that we win you have to go to the NHL section to find it and it's not even in any of the three main headers, it's not even the top of the rest!

Yeah this was a really fun game to watch, great to see the boys come out & show what we know they can do (even if its only pre-season) especially after those frustrating losses to EDM.

Great to see the Kids have big games, I really liked Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Horvat. Also great to see the Vets & some of the new comers have strong games aswell.

And we get another game tommorow to watch, Yes! Its an exciting time to be a Canucks fan thats for sure.

Archived