The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jonathon Blum

I don't think there's a need to add another defencmem.

Weber really impressed me last night, although I didn't get a chance to see how he played in previous games, isn't he at 1g and 2 assist in the preseason so far?

I'm really rooting for corrado to make the team and with weber as our 7th defencmem I think we can afford to pass on Blum

Alberts, Corrado and Weber belong in the AHL as far as I'm concerned and only called up in case we have injuries for some spot games every now and then. Tanev is barely a full-time NHL defenceman. I don't want to watch Alberts and Weber as a pairing ever on the same defence like they were tonight, let alone playing 82 games.

Blum is another of these bubble defencemen but surely he can't be as bad as our tryouts for the 6th and 7th spots have been.

<p><p>

How is Blum better than both of these guys? Both Alberts and Weber have shown they are capable of stepping into a line up after sitting for periods of time, they just aren't good enough to be everyday defensemen. Blum has yet to show he's good enough to be an everyday defensemen and he hasn't be shown good enough to even pressure as a 7th dman.

Archived