The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

God help me Im getting an iPhone

Offensive Threat

Been a Android guy since the S1 onward. My contract is up and the association I work for is getting a good deal on a package with Telus for an iPhone 5S.

$50 a month plus $199 for the 5S on a 3 year deal

- 300 anytime minutes

- Unlimited local calling starting at 6pm

- Unlimited local calling during the weekends

- Unlimited local BCPhA network calling

- Unlimited Canada-wide text messaging (SMS)

- Voicemail 10, caller ID, call conference, call waiting,

call forwarding

- 3GB data across Canada

- Tethering included

- Discounted long distance and additional airtime

+ $100 Visa cash card

+ $150 bill credits spread over the first 5 months

This gives me more than I had for about $20 less money per month (including taxes/fees new will be $56 old was $75). My old deal through Rogers was obviously not the best but was about average at the time. Is there as good a deal on the latest Android phone available without having to jump through hoops? Ive never owned a single Apple product ever but my resistance is fading. Im also resistant to the 3 year deal with 2 year contracts coming up in a few months. First world problems but right now I dont like having an older phone and prob wont in 3 years time.

I am with Wind mobile using a galaxy nexus for a couple of years now. i am not sure what their best current phone but it wouldnt be hard to find out. www.windmobile.ca .

$40 /month - unlimited calling in Canada - local and long distance. unlimited texting in Canada - local and long distance. unlimited data in Canada.

(in Canada means in Wind zones - everywhere in major cities - no reception in Regina but who cares?)

+ $8 for voice mail

The plan sounds pretty good for $50. Ask if you can bring your own device?

Is there a way to get a S4 or similar out of contract for anything close to the $199 they are charging for the 5S ? I think Id rather have the S4 but not if its gonna cost hundreds more

R u a pharmacist?

I work for a secret association of merciless ninja assassins who also happen to dispense the occasional prescription drug from time to time.I am not a pharmacist but I work in that industry.

I'd normally say avoid 3 year deals but that's a really good price. If I were offered that deal I'd go for it, sell the iPhone and buy the upcoming Nexus (probably coming out within a month) or who knows, you might actually like the iPhone. My friend actually had the S4 and iphone 5 at the same time but ending up using the iPhone more, but then again she isn't the most tech savvy person so simpler UI was probably why.

great plan but Samsung is still better for phones.

If you want to walk around with a generator to keep it charged.

I have owned both, they both do the same crap.

The battery life in the iPhone is also horrible but not nearly as bad as the Samsung.

And if I gotta close my apps or turn off my cellular when I'm not using it then I don't want it.

Samsung phones are about as overrated as sushi

Been a Android guy since the S1 onward. My contract is up and the association I work for is getting a good deal on a package with Telus for an iPhone 5S.

$50 a month plus $199 for the 5S on a 3 year deal

- 300 anytime minutes

- Unlimited local calling starting at 6pm

- Unlimited local calling during the weekends

- Unlimited local BCPhA network calling

- Unlimited Canada-wide text messaging (SMS)

- Voicemail 10, caller ID, call conference, call waiting,

call forwarding

- 3GB data across Canada

- Tethering included

- Discounted long distance and additional airtime

+ $100 Visa cash card

+ $150 bill credits spread over the first 5 months

This gives me more than I had for about $20 less money per month (including taxes/fees new will be $56 old was $75). My old deal through Rogers was obviously not the best but was about average at the time. Is there as good a deal on the latest Android phone available without having to jump through hoops? Ive never owned a single Apple product ever but my resistance is fading. Im also resistant to the 3 year deal with 2 year contracts coming up in a few months. First world problems but right now I dont like having an older phone and prob wont in 3 years time.

Wow, you got a great deal!

Archived