The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schroeder out 3 weeks. Booth playing tonight

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Team is better with out Kassian that was one of the most bone headed trades around Hodgson is way better of a player than Zack.

I think he should go to Utica he is not ready for prime time...

I like Hunter and Bo which is what we need right now youth that can step in and learn from the

the experience we have on this team and come playoff time they will matter and ignite the older guys.

They have to be groomed to replace the sedins in the future...Thats my call..not to far off from where I am sitting.. Where is Zack oh he is in the penalty box?

3 weeks from now is vs. Buffalo.

Would love to see Schroeder come back and go against Hodgson, although I imagine that Kesler will probably manhandle him all game long.

The game against buffalo is also the 8th regular season game - one shy of the maximum we can play the kids (Shinkaruk and Horvat). I imagine that one of them will be sent down when Kassian returns 5 games in (based on play and NHL-readiness - Horvat should be sent down / based on positions - Shinkaruk because we have so many wingers when Kassian returns).

Personally, I think Horvat will get sent down when Kassian returns. Then, Shinkaruk will be the last cut when Schroeder returns.

Team is better with out Kassian that was one of the most bone headed trades around Hodgson is way better of a player than Zack.

I think he should go to Utica he is not ready for prine time...

I like Hunter and Bo which is what we need right now youth that can step and learn from the

the experience we have on this team and come playoff time they will matter and ignite the older guys.

They have to be groomed to replace the sedins in the future...Thats my call..not to far off from where I am sitting.. Where is Zack oh he is in the penalty box?

3 weeks from now is vs. Buffalo.

Would love to see Schroeder come back and go against Hodgson, although I imagine that Kesler will probably manhandle him all game long.

The game against buffalo is also the 8th regular season game - one shy of the maximum we can play the kids (Shinkaruk and Horvat). I imagine that one of them will be sent down when Kassian returns 5 games in (based on play and NHL-readiness - Horvat should be sent down / based on positions - Shinkaruk because we have so many wingers when Kassian returns).

Personally, I think Horvat will get sent down when Kassian returns. Then, Shinkaruk will be the last cut when Schroeder returns.

I think he should go to Utica he is not ready for prine time...

I like Hunter and Bo which is what we need right now youth that can step and learn from the

It was actually a good trade, at least in theory, for the Canucks (who already had a 1C and 2C but did have gaps on wing), Buffalo (who already had wingers but a big gap down the middle) and Hodgson (who's development was only being held back playing sheltered 3C). Now the timing of the trade proved to be off (considering mgmt admitted long after that they knew Kesler was playing injured, and so ended up being consistently overplayed heading into the playoffs), and it's possible if Gillis had waited until the off-season that a better option (or at least a more developed option) than Kassian may have come available, but the basis of the trade was still good - different players in different roles and with different prospective upside.

Ditto.

I don't, Schroeder is currently our 5th best center, and a little talked about fact is that Hunter can play Center as well, and Horvat has an average of over 60% in the face off circle, and he is arguably better then Schroeder as well, putting him closer to our 7th best center. Ergo if you got a hard on for Schroeder I hope you live in Uttica.

Horvat is not better in the center position than Schroeder yet, and Shinkaruk definitely would not survive in the NHL this season as a center - too much defensive responsibility that he can't keep up with.

Only Henrik and Kesler are definitively better than Schroeder. Schroeder in his short stint before his injury showed that he was just as good as Richardson and Santorelli defensively, but he has a higher offensive capability than the two mentioned. Schroeder is our 3rd or 4th best center and will probably get the nod for the 3rd line pivot role upon his return - pushing Richardson down to the 4th and Santorelli to wing.

Richardson is a substantial upgrade on JS.

Santorelli can play any position.

Shinkaruk is better then JS in every aspect and he is only 18

Horvat's face off numbers put him in the Malhotra bracket, and he is only 18

JS is a smurf who is 5th to 7th best center. And he is too small to play any line other then the first but he is not nearly skilled enough to pull it off.

Archived