The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schroeder out 3 weeks. Booth playing tonight

Lonny_Bohonos_14

This just in...Booth gets run over in a freak water buffalo incident on Robson Street! He is out again indefinitely!!!

Seriously, really hope he can get past all the injury stuff and get back into a flow, and that Canucks fans will give him the chance to get his rhythm and timing back and not jump all over him at the earliest opportunity! He does have talent and is capable of contributing to the team in a really big way.

Based on what I've seen in the last 2 years though, there's no way I would EVERY get on the same plane with him or stand next to him in a lightening storm!

I'm with you.

I think the groin strain was overblown here on CDC, it's a pretty common ailment in camp especially if you look at the other teams injuries around the league, and I'm not expecting him to have an injury any more than anyone else this year.

If he's healthy, he's a huge help in our top 9. When Kassian comes back it changes the whole dynamic of our line-up and I'm pretty happy with our depth. I would like another piece after the kids get sent back but we will roll 3 effective lines.

I'm pulling for him. He's a Canuck.

I know I'm a bit retarded, but using the Kassian precedent, I think the player who injured Schroeder and broke his foot for 3 weeks should be suspended. Not sure how long but maybe at leadt 3 regular season games.There was no intent to injure, it was all accidental but the result is injury to a player and that what happened to Sam that's why Kassian is suspended.

3 weeks from now is vs. Buffalo.

Would love to see Schroeder come back and go against Hodgson, although I imagine that Kesler will probably manhandle him all game long.

The game against buffalo is also the 8th regular season game - one shy of the maximum we can play the kids (Shinkaruk and Horvat). I imagine that one of them will be sent down when Kassian returns 5 games in (based on play and NHL-readiness - Horvat should be sent down / based on positions - Shinkaruk because we have so many wingers when Kassian returns).

Personally, I think Horvat will get sent down when Kassian returns. Then, Shinkaruk will be the last cut when Schroeder returns.

Schroeder out for 3 weeks? And this is before the regular season has even started.... why is this small guy touted above the likes of Horvat again? If you've gotten injured twice or more in the first 20 or so games of your career, that might be a bad sign that you're too small to play with the big boys...

Schroeder out for 3 weeks? And this is before the regular season has even started.... why is this small guy touted above the likes of Horvat again? If you've gotten injured twice or more in the first 20 or so games of your career, that might be a bad sign that you're too small to play with the big boys...

Archived