The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any WoW nerds out there?

Tigs

I miss old school WoW. Looking back it was a pain in the a$$ to coordinate 40 people for a raid but it was fun as hell. Tried to get back into it late last year and just couldn't...well really it was the newborn I had in November that completely shut down my gaming all together.

I still think WoW is my favourite game ever just based on me being so addicted to it when it launched and how long I played it for.

I played WoW for a bit, it was OK... My first was EQ, Ruins of Kunark, it was a true MMO. There were no portals, there was no market, if you died you had the chance of not getting you corpse back... oh yes, that reminds me... corpse runs...they sucked. And falling off the boat in the middle of the ocean... yes, you had to take a boat, no one could port back then and if you fell off and died, good luck locating your corpse to get your gear back.

So I played for many years, I think the lvl cap for EQ when I started was 50, when I finished I had maxed lvl 75 Ranger and a lvl 75 Necro. That game was still the best MMO I've played, and I think it was even better at the begining. Now things are over done and it seems like things are easier. There were no tutorials, there were no hints, most of the quests werent even on the internet yet... The mystery isnt there like it used to be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I used to play during a lot during BC and WOTLK, the golden era. I quit WoW before MoP. Way to time consuming.

Heh and now I just started playing again. Anyone still playing?

WoD is pretty fun. Way better than Cata and MoP though it feels like it got a bit easier IMO.

I suggest only having 1-2 top level main classes/characters if you're just getting into it considering the amount of time it takes per character.

/insert necro thread gif/meme

• 3 months later...

After two god awful x-pacs I quit along with %66 of the rest of thier customer base. The game died the day you could pay to faction x-fer imo. Now you just que from your little garrison, never see anyone, never talk to anyone. The game doesn't have a 'MMO' feel to it anymore. The top pvp players just faction change to whatever side has the better racials and blizz thought that they could milk that cash cow forever, they were wrong. Good riddance.

I still play it 2-3 times a week. I've got 1 level 100, two alts at 98. the rest are mid-90's. I'm thinking that garrisons are sucking the life out of the game. When you can mine, gather leather, and herbs without even being trained in it, it sort of kills auction houses and the co-op aspects.

Hopefully Legion will be better.

• 1 month later...

What does everyone think of legion and demon hunters? 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1515-Legion-Demon-Hunter

Seems like there is a lot less hype around at the moment for this, but maybe that is just my view. There was a lot of positive information announced at blizzcon so I'm hoping this will rejuvenate the game instead of slowly killing off mmo's. 

Not to sound like a hater but after reading about the next xpac I am glad I stopped playing.  Demon hunter? That's the best class you could come up with Blizz?  I can't imagine this game lasting much longer, another swing and a miss.  Should of just let Shamans be tanks haha.   Overall it's the same old crap.  Shame, I really really really wanted to hit 2k in arena's.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I could never get a decent rating in arenas.  The game was way too stressful for me trying to excel at pvp and failing mightily.  There was way too much cc for my warrior in bgs and every drop in was against an ally premade.  

Archived