The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Horvat and Shinkaruk to start season with Canucks

hockeyville88

Looking forward to seeing what they can do in their first 9 games. My guess is both will be sent down as the Canucks have some players that are likely better suited to eat the minutes that they will play. Obviously Kassian is the most likely candidate to take Shinkaruk's spot once he's back from suspension. For Horvat, I don't see him being used in a 4th line role for the whole season and unless a spot opens up in the top 9, I don't see him sticking longer than 9 games. A guy like Kellen Lain or even Ben Ferriero would be better suited for that role.

Still, it's nice to see two 18-year olds stick for a change. They have both played well.

really hope Shinkaruk plays with Kesler on the 2nd and Horvat on the 3rd with Hansen and Higgins and not 3rd line wing for Shinkaruk and 4th line center for Horvat. Otherwise we will waste their talent and should be sent to junior.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows(Kassian when Booth gets injured again)

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Booth (Burrows when Booth gets injured again)

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Richardson-Santo-Sestito/Weise

Doesn't mean anything if we gets "young" players in our lineup if it

It is a very small list. And the players without exception all wound up having NHL careers with varying degrees of success. On that simple basis, it seems worth trying more often... But most coaches, by definition, are too risk averse to try it. Torts is not.

Where's Gaunce Jensen & Schroeder? Exactly where I said they'd be. All too soft.... Bo & Hunter are real players like I said as well & will up to 9 games before going back to dominae for 1 more year.... We still need a trade as I'm not sold on Bootha at all & we still need more size when the real hockey starts, PLAYOFFS ...Corrado will be back for sure, ...

Archived