Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

[Report] Sedins contract extension in Canucks hand

8 posts in this topic

As Per Kyper

Sedin's contract extension in the hands of #Canucks. If ownership accepts latest proposal an agreement could be done b4 start of #NHL season

Sounds like Sedin's willing to go shorter term providing #Canucks in the 7.5m per yr range. 30m for 4 yrs or 37m over 5 yrs is my guess

I love the Sedins as much as anyone but 7+ mill a year for them on the downside of there careers is a million too much

$7.5 million? That's an additional $3 million in cap hit in two aging players. No matter how good they are they're not worth handcuffing the team over.

So hoping Kyper is wrong on this account because am additional $3 million in cap hit between these two guys leaves this team totally unable to improve at all.

Maybe time to revisit the what can we get for the twins threads

Sigh

7.5m a year is way too high....

I'm fine with 7.5m for the first year, but it should decrease each season, and be significantly lower for the last season.

Year 1: 7.5m

Year 2: 6.5m

Year 3: 5m

Year 4: 4.25m

Year 5: 3.5m

AVG = 5.25M

Since they donated a lot of their last contract to charity, maybe promise to donate the money they would have given to the charity of their choice from Aquaman's wallet. Benefits:

• Sedins get the money to the charity they were going to donate it to anyway

• Charity gets its money

• Team keeps its cap hit down to allow for a stronger supporting cast.

• Pretty damn difficult to prove this is what happened to a point the team gets penalized for cap circumvention

Looks like everyone wins.