The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WAIVERS] TSN's Official Waiver Page Sept 29th

Warhippy

Emmerton, other than the fact he wore a Redwings jersey, isn't very compelling.

I don't think this is a case of embarrassment of riches as some people perceive, and that any team should jump at the opportunity to sign one of their products.

Emmerton's underlying numbers were pretty bad actually.

http://www.behindthe... 34 45 46 63 67

57.6% offensive zone starts, among the top half dozen of Wings regulars, but a team worst -19 relative corsi and among the few players who faced the weakest relative quality of competiton.

Factor in that he's not a very physical center, not particularly strong in the faceoff circle, scored only 8 points, and is 25 years old, and it's not that hard to see why he's the odd guy out.

But you never know.

Would love either Cormier or Rechlicz. Both would be useful for the 4th line. I'm not a fan of Stestito. If you're not good enough to contribute as a hockey player, you better bet a legit heavyweight when the mitts are off. Rechlicz would be useful, especially now that Edmonton's players are likely to do some headhunting. If we don't get a real enforcer Kassian and Bieksa will have to fight every second night. Cormier, on the other hand, has some upside and can play center. He'd be an upgrade over Stestito in that he can actually play hockey.

We really do need an enforcer though.

Nope. If used properly, like how he was in LA when he was there, you can see how well he plays. Sure he wasn't great in Washington, but who the hell was his coach? Friggen offensive minded Bruce Boudreau. You can't succeed if your coach wants you to always be playing offence. Suit him up with a defensive minded coach like Darryl Sutter and you have yourself a valuable shutdown defenceman who's only task is to keep pucks out of the net.

For those saying the Canucks should pickup Cormier, I'm here to tell you that it would be a wasted pickup by Gillis. I've seen him play numerous times for the Jets the last few years, as well as keeping track of him in the AHL, and he really isn't bringing enough to the table to warrant consistent playing time, or reliable playing time at that.

I'd be happy with the Jets losing him on waivers, but I wouldn't be happy having the Canucks picking him up.

That's been my thought as well. I haven't been able to watch him in depth but haven't seen the improvement from him I thought I would, since I thought he'd turn into a solid 3rd/4th line center for the Jets. I know they have some depth at the position, even with Burmistrov gone, but still.

Archived