The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres/Cody Hodgson Talk

Merci

He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good either. No one can deny he's got a nose for the net, but he really does struggle defensively and he lost some big face offs last night. Still, it's game one, I'm sure he'll get his 20-25 goals and 50-60 points. Despite that, I don't really miss him much, but do hope he is successful, just like I do with Schneids.

Coho will get Sedinish zone starts by the looks of it. By default. But if Vanek and Miller want out, and there isn't much else of a lineup available, what kindof motivation is there for the Sabres this season but lottery pick? I know it's game 1, but they showed no urgency at all considering it was a 1-goal game. Still, 50-60pts for Coho should be within reach. Somebody's gotta get points.

Well i'm stalking him.

Invisible on highlights tonight except on the losing goal where he's in no-man's land defensively after getting back in the zone late. Then cherry-picking on the last seconds of play waiting for a pass from his teammates who were doing all the work.

Meanwhile, 'Olympic-Sized' Miller is back. His jersey looks like a hot-air balloon.

Pretty sad how many people leap with pleasure at the thought that a stranger appears to not be doing well. More sad is how, in the race to bash, the petty show themselves as silly too. Don't suppose you guys actually bothered to watch the games eh? Sigh.

In the words of others who 1) watched and/or played the games and 2) aren't disgruntled Canuck fans who just can't let it go, but instead gotta keep on those anti-Hodgson blinders, desperate for any "bad" news about the kid -

Goals Against Sabres #1 & #2

http://fans.sabres.n...in-second-half/

Which Detroit players got the goals & assists and which players were Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford responsible for defensively? If the names to that question don't match that should be the first clue that it is not entirely the forwards fault that the goals were scored.

For example, on the first goal it was Myers' guy who got the tip in. Even though it was Myers' guy, he did have position on him and was forcing him to the outside. Still, I can see how one might be upset with him. It was Tallinder's guy who got into the zone and made the pass. There was only a brief point that Vanek could have been in on the play, but that was at center ice and certainly was not the fault that allowed the goal.

On the 2nd goal, it was clearly a turnover by Risto. Rookie mistake, plain and simple. Weber was the other Dman who could've made a play. The puck was going towards Stafford but that is pretty weak to say that it is his fault that it was turned over to Pavel Datsyuk of all people and that a goal was scored.

I know everyone is upset that we lost. But sometimes looking at the boxscore doesn't tell the whole story.

Hey Mike.

I am sure Cody will rebound just fine. There is no doubting his skill, and Vanek is an elite talent.

I think we should all give Cody credit at this point. There doesnt seem to be a middle ground on Hodgson. Either you think he wanted too much and was selfish, or you believe he was suppressed and not given a chance to succeed here.

As in most cases, the truth probably lies in the middle somewhere.

However, I do want to give a shout out to Cody for his contract. He ended up taking second line center money well into his prime . If he ends up a 60 point guy, the money is about right on average. If he ends up an 80 point guy, he has taken a pay cut to build with a young team.

I didn't think he had it in him. Good for Cody. :towel:

OMG! Then Hodgson wins another against Crosby (already holding 57% in the dot) at the tail end of the penalty kill, clears him itself too of course. Man, couldn't be that Hodgson is being trusted to take the important d-zone faceoffs (on the PK no less), right? Must be that this kid Crosby just simply sucks!

More sighing.

Archived