291 replies to this topic

#91 Tre Mac

Tre Mac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Two points and counting for CoHo tonight. Grats on the first goal Cody, you will be sorely missed here.

#92 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,205 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Two points and counting for CoHo tonight. Grats on the first goal Cody, you will be sorely missed here.

"Holy crap some people here gotta learn to let go."

Lol

9jRgxTJ.gif

#93 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

He was on the ice when Tampa scored the gwg
What a scrub.....

#94 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

So are we gonna update this thread for every game he plays?

#95 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

What a scrub.....

Ummm... he was tying up the guy in front of the net.... what else was he supposed to do?

#96 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ummm... he was tying up the guy in front of the net.... what else was he supposed to do?

Score a goal so that that event never happens :P
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#97 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Two points... and yet another minus game...
Corsi on through four games: -32.75.
Still dangerous at both ends of the ice.

#98 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

2 points for Cody.

#99 BanTSN

BanTSN

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

For some reason he was in Enroth's crease in 4-on-4 OT, got in his goaltender's way while the Tampa player danced around uncontested for the goal.

This would resemble the best defensive effort from him i've seen this season.

#100 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Cody got 2 points and his fans can race here to gloat.

Cody looked like a lost tool on that OT winner by the Bolts so all the Cody haters can come here and gloat.

win/win :)

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#101 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

POPULAR

Coho: 4 games 3 points -4
Kesler: 4 games 1 point -3

Kesler cant play d or score
Right???

#102 The Vancouver Connection

The Vancouver Connection

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

coho > kesler, kassian
Sig too big, 500 KB limit

#103 DSVII

DSVII

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

With the way this insanity is trending lately, I'm half expecting an "AV is 1-2 to start the season!" thread soon.......

We don't need to beat down cody, move on. The trade happened, i'm sure we'll be happy with Kassian.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure this is exactly comparable to how Calgary fans are saying Shinkurak has character issues conveniently after we drafted him.

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a HINT of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

- Steve Dangle (Leafs Fan Reaction - youtube)

#104 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

We could REALLY use him right about now...

He would have been great to bridge the Kessler to Horvat era

#105 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Yes,

That's what this thread is for.

#106 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

then it should just be named "hodgson"

Edited by avelanch, 09 October 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#107 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

coho > kesler, kassian

Stay in school, kids.

#108 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

What a scrub.....

Ironic.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#109 Batmania

Batmania

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

then it should just be named "hodgson"

Hodgson: Did we really need him?
Posted Image

#110 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

For some reason he was in Enroth's crease in 4-on-4 OT, got in his goaltender's way while the Tampa player danced around uncontested for the goal.

This would resemble the best defensive effort from him i've seen this season.

"For some reason" Hodgson was in the crease? lol. Um, did you even watch the goal or are you just repeating another rumour you figured sounded good?

http://www.nhl.com/g...p?id=2013020041

If you take off the blinders, open your eyes really really big, and actually look at the recap, you'll notice a few things.... Like you'll notice how Hodgson was in the crease in the moments before the goal (not actually during) because he was covering his man and was in fact the only Sabre who was covering anyone...

Heck, if you look super close, you'll notice that while Hodgson was doing his job on Filppula, it was Weber still in the crease covering no one (other than his own goalie's chance to slide over) and Myers lost behind the net by himself altogether while his guy, Killorn, danced out front uncovered and scored the game winner.

But hey, if you wanna keep the blinders on just go with the theory that Hodgson is such a god among men that it's somehow his fault that Weber ended up blocking out his own goalie and Myers got lost in la-la land altogether, well go for it I guess. Just don't count on getting a play-by-play job any time soon ;)

And you're being overly sensitive and doing the exact same thing he is doing.  Focus on talking hockey if that's where you want the discussion to go.  

#111 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

"For some reason" Hodgson was in the crease? lol. Um, did you even watch the goal or are you just repeating another rumour you figured sounded good?

http://www.nhl.com/g...p?id=2013020041

If you take off the blinders, open your eyes really really big, and actually look at the recap, you'll notice a few things.... Like you'll notice how Hodgson was in the crease in the moments before the goal (not actually during) because he was covering his man and was in fact the only Sabre who was covering anyone...

Heck, if you look super close, you'll notice that while Hodgson was doing his job on Filppula, it was Weber still in the crease covering no one (other than his own goalie's chance to slide over) and Myers lost behind the net by himself altogether while his guy, Killorn, danced out front uncovered and scored the game winner.

But hey, if you wanna keep the blinders on just go with the theory that Hodgson is such a god among men that it's somehow his fault that Weber ended up blocking out his own goalie and Myers got lost in la-la land altogether, well go for it I guess. Just don't count on getting a play-by-play job any time soon ;)

I am so disappointed in Weber this year. He has taken a huge step back in his play. Myers on the other hand, I totally expected him to suck again this year. Ever since he got his large contract he has been complacent. It's a good thing that he didn't get a leadership role that I was hoping that he would get.

Edited by SabreFan1, 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM.

jack_eichel_sabres_small.jpgsam-reinhart_small.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres' One-Two Punch - Jack Eichel And Sam Reinhart!!

#112 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hodgson: Did we really need him?

yes

#113 Batmania

Batmania

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

yes

Debatable
Posted Image

#114 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

I am so disappointed in Weber this year. He has taken a huge step back in his play. Myers on the other hand, I totally expected him to suck again this year. Ever since he got his large contract he has been complacent. It's a good thing that he didn't get a leadership role that I was hoping that he would get.

I dunno... I mean, I get you on the being disappointed in the d guys for sure, and Myers in particular looks so lost half the time that it'd be easy to pin his -4 square on him, but he's not the only one who is either outright struggling or otherwise not kicking it up a gear... What I'm seeing, anyway, are vets looking sullen while floating aimlessly and newbs increasingly flying aimlessly... Is it possible that there's a coaching gap, some sort of disconnect? Rolston is kinda raw at this level.

And you're being overly sensitive and doing the exact same thing he is doing.  Focus on talking hockey if that's where you want the discussion to go.  

#115 unknown33429

unknown33429

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

........You guys should learn to move on. It's been 2 years. IT's an important life skill, and unless you want to end up like on of those creeps that stalk girls after they break up with you, you should heed my advice. Plenty of other hockey players in the sea.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#116 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Right???

Canucks 3-1 ...........Sabres 0-3-1 ?

Just sayin

Claude Giroux no points.

Kesler > Giroux

Dale Weise > Giroux

Weise has as many goals as Cody but better +/ -

Weise > Hodgson.

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#117 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I dunno... I mean, I get you on the being disappointed in the d guys for sure, and Myers in particular looks so lost half the time that it'd be easy to pin his -4 square on him, but he's not the only one who is either outright struggling or otherwise not kicking it up a gear... What I'm seeing, anyway, are vets looking sullen while floating aimlessly and newbs increasingly flying aimlessly... Is it possible that there's a coaching gap, some sort of disconnect? Rolston is kinda raw at this level.

I just re-read my post. I meant it's a good thing that Weber didn't get an A. I knew Myers wouldn't get one.

To answer your question though, I'm starting to wonder if the majority of vets are just dogging it knowing that the team is going nowhere this year. It's perplexing. I think only the people in the locker room know for sure.

You might be right about Rolston. Nearly his whole career has been teaching the game to the young. On the plus side that's exactly what the team needs right now. On the negative side, that means that this season is going nowhere fast and next season may not be much better.

Hopefully this upcoming draft will have a strong Top 5.

jack_eichel_sabres_small.jpgsam-reinhart_small.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres' One-Two Punch - Jack Eichel And Sam Reinhart!!

#118 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I just re-read my post. I meant it's a good thing that Weber didn't get an A. I knew Myers wouldn't get one.

To answer your question though, I'm starting to wonder if the majority of vets are just dogging it knowing that the team is going nowhere this year. It's perplexing. I think only the people in the locker room know for sure.

You might be right about Rolston. Nearly his whole career has been teaching the game to the young. On the plus side that's exactly what the team needs right now. On the negative side, that means that this season is going nowhere fast and next season may not be much better.

Hopefully this upcoming draft will have a strong Top 5.

I'm suddenly thinking that may have been the team's entire strategy - put Myers and Weber together and presto, guaranteed top 5 in the draft!

Seriously, I realize the disgruntled CDC fan likes to bash Hodgson's defensive game as matter of routine, but neither Hodgson or Vanek seem to be able to catch a break with the Myers/Weber duet. Already tonight, end of 1st period, Myers and Weber are -3 three each - in a 1-3 fricken game!

It's not Hodgson or Vanek that are the major messes, it's just been them getting the brunt of things until tonight where at least the forwards are spreading around the pain being dished out by Myers and Weber. Incredible.

#119 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm suddenly thinking that may have been the team's entire strategy - put Myers and Weber together and presto, guaranteed top 5 in the draft!

Seriously, I realize the disgruntled CDC fan likes to bash Hodgson's defensive game as matter of routine, but neither Hodgson or Vanek seem to be able to catch a break with the Myers/Weber duet. Already tonight, end of 1st period, Myers and Weber are -3 three each - in a 1-3 fricken game!

It's not Hodgson or Vanek that are the major messes, it's just been them getting the brunt of things until tonight where at least the forwards are spreading around the pain being dished out by Myers and Weber. Incredible.

Sigh. Scratch the Weber/Myers duet being -3 in a 1-3 game. They're now a combined -7 in a 1-4 game.

Bets that a cross reference would should that every Sabres forward sees their "defensive game" questioned when Myers has been on the ice with them for too long. :picard:

Edited by mikeburn, 10 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#120 Darkstar

Darkstar

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,292 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Right???

Buffalo has 5 goals in 5 games this year. Coho has points on 4 of 5 of those goals.

Formerly known as TheEhrhoffEffect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.