86 replies to this topic

#61 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,464 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Good. I'm glad he got a fine. Next time he should get suspended. What he did was incredibly dangerous. In fact, it could have been even more dangerous than the missed call he was protesting if that heavy glass partition had collapsed onto the people sitting on the other bench, or shattered and cut people.

What I don't get is why so many people are defending him. When AV stood on the bench for all of 2 seconds to shout, "That's an elbow" to defend one of our young players (Tanev) from a similar dangerous missed call all anyone talked about, including at this forum and in our local media, was how he'd lost his cool and only further antagonized the poor, sensitive refs. And then Kerry Fraser wrote an article talking about how AV needed to learn some respect for refs if he ever expected to receive any. (Interestingly, he never made a similar statement about how refs need to earn that respect by doing their job and not so frequently "missing" those kinds of dangerous plays against lesser known players while calling so little as a sneeze in the general direction of star players on any team other than the Canucks.) To hear Fraser tell it, AV insulted every single NHL ref, their children, future grandchildren and every generation's pets. But when Roy goes all ape poo TSN has to question whether or not he was even out of line, or if it should just been seen as classic Roy. What he did was so much worse, but the same people who eviscerated AV for a simple statement are responding to this far more serious incident with what amounts to, "Oh, Roy! You scamp!"

:mad:

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

small.png CDC Puck - New York Rangers

#62 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,464 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

yep, better set some ground rules with him now. Then again, I highly doubt he thought the glass would go over like that.

The glass did move the first time he pushed it, so it should clue in to him that it would move more if he pushed it again.

Though it is Roy so I'm not surprised. I hope he's learned his lesson though.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

small.png CDC Puck - New York Rangers

#63 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

The glass did move the first time he pushed it, so it should clue in to him that it would move more if he pushed it again.

Though it is Roy so I'm not surprised. I hope he's learned his lesson though.

Roy is well known for being an ass. I seriously doubt he learnt anything from the incident.

#64 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,063 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Can't wait to see Roy and torts in a game together

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#65 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Can't wait to see Roy and torts in a game together

Fireworks, lots of them

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#66 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Too funny. Pat Roy (Elway: "The boy's name is Roy" - not raw) fined for being the self-centered egotist he has always been; can't stay out of trouble. Was this his first game? Ha Ha! What a joke! Colorado could not have picked a worse coach. More to come for sure. Next it will be the cops hauling him away; can't wait. Couldn't happen to a bigger piece of shinola.

#67 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

How about having an opinion that pertains to the actual subject of the thread rather than hijack it with some nonsensical rant about who the better goalie is.

"Pertains" and "nonsensical"

Those are some big words there. Troll won't understand. We use small easy words for trolls.

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#68 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

His team got hot at the right time, good for him. I agree with you that he is a legend, never said he wasn't, He had a huge career and has many accolades. I don't agree, however, that he was nearly as good a goaltender skill wise as Hasek or even Roy was (Roy shouldn't be top 3. Top 6 is more accurate). Hasek is the greatest goaltender in the history of the game, followed by Tretiak, Brodeur, Sawchuk, and Plante. I put Roy 6th.

Speaking of over rated I think you are over rating Tretiak. He's a hard guy to rate since he never played in the NHL but his numbers in Russia aren't that good and despite a few good games in the super series he's best remembered for a tourney his team lost. Don't get me wrong I think Tretiak was an amazing goalie, but not top 2 and I wouldn't rate him above Roy or Sawchuk.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#69 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Roy us right up there with messier as my all time least favorite player. Arrogance and overrated hothead. No class whatsoever
GOD BE PRAISED

#70 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Roy's a frackin nutter. I loves it.

#71 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
CANT WAIT FOR TORTS VS ROY

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#72 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

When did I say he wasn't good? He was good, he just wasn't good enough to be a top 3 goalie if he didn't play as many games as he did..

You are an idiot.

Whats your top 3?
Bryzagalov
Bryzagalov
Bryzagalov

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#73 pouet

pouet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Mtl in 86 and 93 weren't that great. 93 was just a middle of the road team, but they obliterated Buffalo, who had LaFontaine, Mogilny, and Grant Fuhr in net. Even penaltykiller should be able to admit the Kings team they met in the finals was stacked. It's not a co-incidence the Avs didn't win a cup until immediately after he arrived.

Totally agree. Former Nordiques fan here. In 93, the only reason the Habs were able to come back from 2-0 down against the Nordiques was Roy. He was unbelievable. And don't forget he won 11 games out of 16 in overtime in 93.

#74 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

lol Roy, already bringing the entertainment value.

#75 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think it should have been more than $10K ... dangerous action there, could have bonked Boudreau in the head.

#76 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Good. Deserves it.. Most overrated goalie in history.

hahaha....that is all.

formerly......puck n icehole

#77 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

cant wait to see roy fail .. this guy is a egotistical blowhard

#78 prana16

prana16

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

LOL so if I have a different opinion on something the majority has, I don't know anything about hockey? Hahaha. You guys are hysterical.

If you think Roy was overrated you are wrong. Opinions can be wrong. If you want to say he isn't your favourite goalie go ahead. If you say he is overrated you will be called out on being factually incorrect.

#79 BI3KSA-

BI3KSA-

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

The reason CDC has so many trolls is because they get fed so well around here

If you think Roy was overrated you are wrong. Opinions can be wrong. If you want to say he isn't your favourite goalie go ahead. If you say he is overrated you will be called out on being factually incorrect.

I disagree with the person you quoted, I don't think Roy was overrated at all. But what you said was wrong, thinking someone is overrated is subjective so he can't be factually incorrect.

Edited by Kesheniel, 04 October 2013 - 02:28 AM.

#80 BI3KSA-

BI3KSA-

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Double post

Edited by Kesheniel, 04 October 2013 - 02:28 AM.

#81 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

When he was mentioned as a potential coach for the Montreal Canadiens a while back I thought it would be a bad idea because the guy is loony toons, this just re-enforces that opinion.

49%20903%20s.jpg

#82 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Totally agree. Former Nordiques fan here. In 93, the only reason the Habs were able to come back from 2-0 down against the Nordiques was Roy. He was unbelievable. And don't forget he won 11 games out of 16 in overtime in 93.

Don't underestimate Kerry Frasers contribution.

49%20903%20s.jpg

#83 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

We need more coaches like this, makes for good sports viewing!!!

#84 Seven pounds soft

Seven pounds soft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Your absolutely right^
Roy is awesome! Love this guy.

#85 24K PureCool

24K PureCool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

When the Canucks vs. Avs game. I cannot wait for the shouting match between Torts and Roy. Oh, that reminds me to buy popcorn for the show.

#86 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

No, Brodeur is the most-overrated, not Roy.

When in consideration for best-ever, that is. No way is Brodeur that.

Brodeur had 4 'truly remarkable' seasons. (Z-Score above 2)

Fuhr had 0.
Lundqvist had 2.
Belfour had 4.
Hall had 4.
Luongo had 5.
Parent had 5. Best peak.
Plante had 6.
Dryden had 8.
Roy had 8.
Hasek had 9. Sustained peak.
Esposito had 11.

Time will show that Brodeur has benefitted largely by the invention of dead puck hockey, a system devised to protect him at all costs, and a wide, pizza-fed belly. lol.

Schneider went to the right team.

Lundqvist if the most-overrated goaltender of today, btw. Luongo most-underrated.

Lol, calling 1994-2000, his prime years, the dead puck era. Count how many 50 goals scorers or 100+ points player between that time frame and you might think differently.

Anything under 2.20 GAA, should be considered a remarkable season. Brodeur has had 5 seasons with a goals against under 2.20, and 11 season with a goals against 2.30. If you don't think that's remarkable, than compare those stats to the current goalies now who has played more than 10 seasons in the NHL, and I guarantee you no one will come close to those stats.

I won't go into his playoffs stats, that speaks for itself.

r8edk8.png

#87 Fincup13

Fincup13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

A big shake-up was definitely needed in Colorado. Long gone are the pre-2004 days of 2 Stanley Cups, 6 conference final appearances in 9 years, the NHL consecutive game sellout record and some of the highest average ticket prices in the league. Playoff DNQ teams, season average game attendance of between 14,000 and 15,500 and average ticket prices hovering around $30 have become the norm the last 5 seasons.

5 years from now, hiring Roy might be seen as being one of the smartest NHL coaching moves of the century. His god-like status in Denver and his antics behind the bench and in front of the media will bring the fans back. The signs are also there that this team may have the talent to become a playoff bound team once again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.