The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate the last album you listened to?

GLASSJAW

Good timing. I haven't had much time to explore new music for awhile, but last night I sat down with a copy of Exclaim and did some downloading based off their new reviews. So far two in particular have stood out for me - both electronic, but less beat/dance oriented, more atmospheric/experimental. They're both also better listened to straight through since they work to create mood.

Trentemøller - "Lost" - 8/10

Machinedrum - "Vapor City" - 9/10

please for the sake of judgment and suggestions list the artist name as well

The Queen is Dead - The Smiths 9/10

Probably my favourite Smiths album (even if all my favourite songs aren't on it). Some great songs on this one.

you misspelled 10/10

I just went through all my CDs and ripped the songs I wanted. Took awhile but my nieces and nephews got some pretty good albums out of the deal.

The last few I went through were:

Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese 9/10

Bif Naked - I Bificus 7/10

Aerosmith - Pandora's Box (box set) 8/10

Black Sheep - A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing 7/10

EDIT: just for an answer to the unasked bonus question, my favourite after going through them all was probably The Tragically Hip - Live Between Us. A good mix of many of my favourite songs of their's but live and with Gord Downie's unmistakeable weirdness as he ad libs and goes off on tangents.

The Queen is Dead - The Smiths 9/10

Probably my favourite Smiths album (even if all my favourite songs aren't on it). Some great songs on this one.

That's a 10/10 for sure. An absolutely flawless album.

For me. I just listened to 'With The Beatles' last night. I would give it a 9/10.

been listening to a lot of rap lately

Drake - Nothing Was the Same 7.5/10

MF DOOM - Mm Food - 7.5/10

MF DOOM - Operation Doomsday 9/10

when Doom's on his game, don't get much better IMO.

was pleasantly surprised by the Drake album, too. Very soft and poppy and inoffensive, but good all the same.

Archived