The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bro Jake & Team1040 - thoughts after a month?

nanaimo

Note to 1040 people...I know you are lurking out there.

You lost another listener. I commute 3+ hours daily and don't hate it because I am a ravenous Canucks fan and generally keep it tuned to 1040 with the knob ripped off. At least that was the case until now. Thanks for ruining my morning commute..."

This. I commute about the same, 1 to 1.5 hours each way 3-4 days per week. I used to have the Team locked in whenever I was in the car. I gave this show every opportunity to work out the kinks, but I just don't relate to these two burn outs when do non-sports talk that isn't funny. Coming back from break with 60-70s rock music. It just doesn't make me want to listen. Then when they do talk sports, Pratt is so off putting (he should be off pudding) that I can't listen. And Bro is so clearly unable to add anything on the sport side of things.

So they are stuck trying do a balance of morning zoo shenanigans and sports, but they fall so flat on both fronts. I wanted the show to work as I love the Team, but I just can't listen to this. I have tuned out.

I now plug in my Ipod and listen to podcasts. Jay and Dan, Bill Burr, Adam and Drew, Joe Rogan, Comedy Bang Bang etc. WAY better content, and no commercials. In the afternoon on my way home, I catch a few minutes of Sekeres and Price or Bmac and Taylor to get a Nuck and Lion update. Thats about it now.

As others have mentioned, we didn't know how good we had it with Rinty, until having to tune in to these two retreads...

You lost another listener. I commute 3+ hours daily and don't hate it because I am a ravenous Canucks fan and generally keep it tuned to 1040 with the knob ripped off. At least that was the case until now. Thanks for ruining my morning commute..."

This. I commute about the same, 1 to 1.5 hours each way 3-4 days per week. I used to have the Team locked in whenever I was in the car. I gave this show every opportunity to work out the kinks, but I just don't relate to these two burn outs when do non-sports talk that isn't funny. Coming back from break with 60-70s rock music. It just doesn't make me want to listen. Then when they do talk sports, Pratt is so off putting (he should be off pudding) that I can't listen. And Bro is so clearly unable to add anything on the sport side of things.

So they are stuck trying do a balance of morning zoo shenanigans and sports, but they fall so flat on both fronts. I wanted the show to work as I love the Team, but I just can't listen to this. I have tuned out.

I now plug in my Ipod and listen to podcasts. Jay and Dan, Bill Burr, Adam and Drew, Joe Rogan, Comedy Bang Bang etc. WAY better content, and no commercials. In the afternoon on my way home, I catch a few minutes of Sekeres and Price or Bmac and Taylor to get a Nuck and Lion update. Thats about it now.

As others have mentioned, we didn't know how good we had it with Rinty, until having to tune in to these two retreads...

I think the reason they do so much non-relevant stuff now that the so-called insiders are refusing to come on their show. I turned it on three times this morning, twice it was callers doing speeches to win tickets and the third it was some inane Bro Jake dribble about nothing that I think he thought was funny. No sports, just pap. I too wasn't the biggest Rintoul fan to begin with but for god's sake bring him or someone else in and get rid of these jerks (except Moj, not as annoying as Pratt but pretty darn close)

This clearly doesnt work..and lets get serious, Rintoul didnt either...you need something a little more dynamic in the mornings.

I was a radio DJ for 20 years and I can sure see the problems here...Pratt is sports and Jake is crap...they have no one to play off...not at all.

Jake is regurgitating all the old radio shtick,,, Pratt is trying to play along..it doesnt work.

Dude, thank you so much!!! I have been kinda bummed this week that there isn't anything to listen too in the mornings anymore. But I put on couple poscasts this morning....so much better!! Even though it's not local, its way better than what the TEAM is offering. Can't thank you enough. :)

I was kinda in their corner for a while but this morning on my way to work I tuned in to the Jungle instead. I like to hear local content but I don't think I can take anymore of Pratt. His ranting and raving about Joe Thorton's comments being fair game and if you don't agree you are stupid was the last straw. They need a whole new fresh approach. No more re-treads. The Jungle was actually refreshing. Rome had Boomer Esaison on discussing the NFL. It was better than anything I have heard on the Bro Show since well ever.

Bad move by Team 1040 to bring in these two dinosaurs. I grew tired of their schtick after the first day. I have tuned in sporatically since vowing to try to not listen to this assinine drivel and find myself hating the show more with each passing minute. I cannot believe that the bigwigs at Team 1040 would think that this is a better alternative than Scotty and Company. I am sure that the listening audience must be miniscule by now...there is no way that people are willing to listen to this garbage!!

The chemistry isn't quite there. Bro Jake's sports knowledge is actually not bad for a non sports guy, but it's not good enough to host a sports talk show. It's almost weird to hear Pratt trying to do damage control when Jake says something off the charts. I miss Pratt and Taylor more. They were a way better combo.

I didn't so much mind Pratt/Bro Jake when they first hit the air waves. I could tell Jake wasn't familiar with his content, and Pratt had toned things down again... but it took a month for me to start to really dislike Pratt and Jake's been.... useless. I'm glad I don't have to hear the Champ anymore. That was so painful.

Better tahn being forced to listen to Kid Carson/Sonic all day.

Blow Jake is the most annoying radio "personality" in Vancouver radio history. He is a blowhard hack who has very little to offer any audience. He sucks.

Actually I think Pratt is the biggest douche in Vancouver radio. Jake is on the wrong channel, thats all. I didnt mind him when he was on rock 101, but he sounds totally lost talking with Ray Ferarro or any other sports personalities.

Not digging it.

Used to listen to The Team every morning on my drive in to work...no longer do. Just doesn't have any energy to it from what I've heard...Bro Jake just isn't working in an overall sports deal for me. I haven't been able to support the jump.

I think I am done listening to the morning show. I drive my kids about 10km to school each morning before heading to work myself and my son is really starting to get into hockey and the Canucks. To hear Bro Jake constantly make stupid innuendo jokes about hockey sticks in hands or whatever, baffles me. It appeals to the lowest common denominator and has absolutely no relevance to an informative sports radio show. My son doesn't quite understand it and I don't care to explain it to him. It's too early in the morning to deal with morons...save that for when I start work.

I really don't understand this programming. So many hockey players and executives say that Canadian fans are well informed, knowledgeable hockey fans. Why counter that with idiots (particularly Bro Jake) who reduce the game, fans and listeners to potty jokes and whatever else? Things that I'm trying to get my son to stop saying...

And I have sent my displeasure to Bell Media.

Archived