The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bro Jake & Team1040 - thoughts after a month?

nanaimo

Dave Pratt is a fool. He is a sensationalistic clown that gobbles up speculation. His candour is false and he sounds like a manatee in heat.

Blo Jake is a has been

Agree 100%! Pratt is very lazy and sees himself as a controversial host for blowing up steam. Al Davidson did it very well in the past, but that was him, not schtick. Pratt is all schtick and laziness. What puzzles me is how he thought that it was cool to say high 5 a few years back.

I like the show. It's entertaining except those days when Pratt is on his man period. Jake knows very little about sports so he fits right in with the rest of us sports fans. He speaks ( in an ill-informed way) for the people. If they had a few more actual experts on the show giving some insight instead of pretended experts like Botchford, I would like the show better.

I should probably be waterboarded for saying this but I heard a segment with Botchford last week that was only mildly offensive

Pratt is the most aptly named man in radio. Remove the British slang and his name translates into a prefect description: Dave Ass. I can't believe he keeps getting jobs. His only observable talent is the singular ability to be wrong about everything. Dude's got to have pictures of some major media guy blowing a schnauzer or something.

And Frat Bro Jake has turned the morning sports radio show into an oldies station. Every reference he makes comes from the 70s, every name he drops is based on some fringe C-FOX promo from when he was the world's worst Howard Stern imitator, and on top of all that he's almost directly responsible for the existence of Nickelback.

Put them both together and you've got a pair of self-mythologizing fools cackling incessantly at their own pathetic attempts at humor. Vancouver should be better than this.

But, on the bright side, the show is good for a drinking game. Just take a drink every time you hear "mind-numbing", "Joe Forte's", or "I want to get into this."

I used to love listening to Scott Rintoul's segment with Ray Ferraro on the morning drive to work but now I cannot stand listening to these two. Bro Jake...from a music station...REALLY? Pratt was okay with Taylor but partnering him with Jake just makes the show unbearable. I'll switch to it to see if they have a guest on and if not, I'll just flip it to my ipod. Can't stand the FM hosts like Andrew "The Intern"...seriously...it's all so pathetic.

They are so terrible. This morning they were playing a clip of Nugent-Hopkins scoring the winning goal against Tampa and then went into a horrible mocking of the announcer. I am not an Oilers fan in any way, but that was pretty classless and annoying.

I turned it off at that point.

For me the big turn off is all the advertising. I swear if I listen to the station during a 40 minute drive to work its 25 minutes commercials and 15 minutes talk. And I wish they'd talk more about the canucks or talk to the fans..............not just give us their wtf moment, although its usually pretty funny

Archived