Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warhippy

Canucks Learning on the fly Under Coach Tortorella [Article]

15 posts in this topic

I don't think i'm 'over-reacting' but telling me what I wanna hear isn't gonna solve the problem we've had for the past few seasons, which is scoring.

Well, I for one appreciated the article .. thanks for posting, WH .. I saw some good signs last night .. penalties, giveaways and no bounces made the difference ..

I'm not worried about the Nucks, I'm more worried that Colorado looks way better, St. Louis looks way better, Edmonton looks way better & San Jose, LA and Chicago look just as good as last year. Doesn't leave much room to be complacent, hopefully Torts' system catches on quickly & hopefully it's effective in the western conference.

Thanks for linking the article. I had not seen it yet and thought it was important to pass on to some `fair`weather fans who needed to be reminded that you stand by your team win or loss, and that you would have to accept some hiccups when they are changing the way they play the game.

As for the opening game itself Perhaps instead of focusing on the negatives we should look at the positives from last nights game. Yes Vancouver lost but the penality kill was very good and I for one actually like that the Sedins were part of the kill. I think its about time they became more rounded players...

Im not going to hit the panic button just yet, but this team has 15 games this month and a hellashish 7 game road trip against some pretty stiff opposition.

At the end of October we should have a pretty good idea about this years edition of the Canucks, good or bad.

But I will agree that we need some secondary scoring badly,, I just dont know where that is going to come from with this lineup. Hell, I will go as far to say we just need some scoring period.

did this really need it's own thread?

Canucks have never acquired a legitimate 2nd line scoring winger to play alongside Kesler. We have always been acquiring reclamation projects and all we could do is be hopeful he will turn into a good and solid 2nd liner. Higgins has been good but he doesn't provide the secondary scoring that we are really in need of. I really hope before this seasons trade deadline, we can add a legit top 6 scoring winger who can play with Kes.

Well, I for one appreciated the article .. thanks for posting, WH .. I saw some good signs last night .. penalties, giveaways and no bounces made the difference ..

It'll take a month or so and possibly a Torts blowup before the team finally understands the new system. There's a lot of bad habits they have to unlean thanks to AV.

WH, I don't think Colorado Is dominate, but look at their speed...now they have a respectable amount of skill, but the speed is what makes me think they could surprise many people this year.

It will take another three months to see if Kassian is a third liner ,Booth is a second liner and Torts to lose his mind for the public to fathom.