The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Toronto officially a better team than us now?

vcrguy

They're 3 and 0. They don't have their # 1 free agent signing playing yet and Bernier has looked good when he's played.

Vancouver did nothing but sign a 4th liner in the off season and lost yet another game to SJ in the season opener.

I actually believe the Leafs are a legit cup contender and would beat Vancouver in a 7 game playoff series.

I think so.

Top notch offensive players in Kessel, Lupul, van Riemsdyk, Kadri.

Toughness and grit in Clarkson, McLaren, Orr, Phaneuf, Fraser

Excellent defensive players in Bozak, Bolland, McClement, Kulemin, Gunnarsson, Ranger

Stellar offensive defenseman in Phaneuf, Gardiner and Franson

Two young goalies on the upside of their career in Bernier and Reimer.

They got all the right pieces, just need to click. Luckily they are a young team and will only keep on improving. Could see a cup in 2-3 years.

The Leafs are deeper on forward, more or less even on defense, and have good goaltending provided that one of Bernier or Reimer can play consistently (that is a bit of an if, though).

Still haven't seen them put it together in an 82-game season, but they should be ready to. Are they better than Vancouver? They certainly can be, but they need to prove it (at least that's the way I see it).

..Is this some kind of joke?

Bozak would be 3rd line C on this team and tops 2nd on most others. They have a poor defense and a huge question mark in the crease...watch them be fighting for a playoff spot when the season is nearing the end...Kessel, Lupul make them dangerous and their solid depth upfront but other than that, they're no way close to us.

Vancouver - especially the Sedins - destroy them 100 times out of 99 anyday.

Archived